Teen Killed by Police While Holding BB Gun

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A police officer shot and killed a 13-year-old robbery suspect after the boy allegedly took out a BB gun from his waistband in Columbus, Ohio, authorities said.

The incident happened Wednesday night after the robbery victim told the officers that several young men had pulled a gun on him and demanded money
Police located and approached the three males. They say two of them fled on foot to the alley.

Tyree King, who was one of those running, pulled out a weapon from his waistband. That is when the police officer shot King, authorities said.

"This is the last thing that a police officer wants to do in their career. Unfortunately, it becomes necessary at times to defend themselves," said police Chief Kim Jacobs.

According to police, the weapon used by King, turned out to be a BB gun with a laser sight attachment designed to assist a shooter's aim.

The BB gun "turns out not to be a firearm in the sense that it fires real bullets, but it looks like a firearm that can kill you." "It had a laser light that was attached under the barrel," Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther said.

Tyree King was taken to Nationwide Children's Hospital. He died around 8:30 p.m.

The police officer's name wasn't immediately released. Columbus Police Department said they will continue to investigate the shooting.

Attachments

• ColumbusOhio.jpg
    ColumbusOhio.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 3,959
Last edited:

BadManRules

Why haven't people figured this shit out yet? Carrying a gun that looks realistic. What do you think the police officers are going to do? They are going shoot your ass.

cranberry87

WTF. A normal 13 year old doesn't go rob and point a gun at a police officer. Sorry, can't blame the police on this one.

calebmelvern

So what happened to their motto? hands up, don't shoot....it's all BS! They are never going to learn, put your hands up in the air and comply with the officer, period.

cdubulous

Just another police officer defending himself. I don't know why kids have to carry something that resembles a real firearm.

btatro

I think the police officer responded correctly, he had a gun pulled on him. This poor officer will carry this on his conscience for the rest of his life. That's too bad, because it was the right response to the situation.

blur92

I feel bad for the kid, I really do. But he is responsible for his own death because of his stupidity.

calicer1996

Kids, when you act like a fool holding a gun (real or not) and you don't listen to the police you deserve to be shot.