The "Black Widow" of Facebook

missbishi

JoanMcWench

If she just would have added sex to the robbery she probably would have gotten away with it for a long long time. I don't know if the moniker suits the crime though. Black Widow normally implies murder. Perhaps she should have been called 'The Cat Burglar'?

Gabe

This type of crime has been going on for years, luring men in bars or classified ads. The men are as to blame as they felt stupid falling for easy sex. At least she didn't murder them, but I know in tourist places there are lots of these incidents where people go to a room, get drugged and robbed.

My friend took someone back and then woke up to find his laptop and all his money had gone. He didn't report it because he had let him into the room and didn't even know his name, but am sure the man had done it before. (My friend is gay!)

dyanmarie25

It must serve as a lesson now to men. Just because you're a guy doesn't mean you've got the upper-hand as though you are much stronger than females or you're much smarter than them. And you should never trust people (women) you just meet online. If you're going to meet up with them, meet them in public places, never go to their houses. Always keep an alert mind.

Diane Lane

This is the first time I've heard of this case, which surprises me. I think a lot of people will take chances and throw caution to the wind with the promise of sex, whether overt or implied. I can't imagine meeting a stranger and going back to his or her home or hotel room. It seems scams are so prevalent that we have to be extra cautious, and always have a safety plan ahead of time, but in cases like this, alcohol and/or drugs are often involved, and we know those lower a person's ability to think clearly and discern what is truly happening.