Three Suspects Abduct Teen, Steal Cash and Jewelry From Family Home

Anthony

Super Moderator
Philadelphia police are searching for three men who allegedly abducted a teen, then stole cash and jewelry from his family's home.
Authorities said that on Wednesday afternoon the three suspects abducted the son of Christian Garnica as the ninth-grade student was walking home from his school.
"A little after 1 p.m., the young man was walking on his way home was approached by two black males who forced him inside of a silver Subaru Outback," said Philadelphia Police Lieutenant John Stanford.
Stanford also added "They covered his eyes with some type of tape and then drove to his residence."
A young girl who had witnessed the incident told authorites the supsects taped the victim's eyes shut and shoved the boy into a car that was driven by a man wearing a ski mask.
"He picked him up. He pushed him in the car. The boy was a teenager. He tried to get out, but they would not let him out," the witness said.
Police said the 15-year-old son then called his father to tell him he had been kidnapped a block away from home.
"They had my son kidnapped. And then my son called us from the guy's phone and said, 'Give them everything dad, give the money, the jewelry.' I guess they threatened my son and asked them what we have inside.
My son was scared and I guess he told them everything we have, and they took everything," said Garnica.
Police told reporters after they put him the car they drove to the family home and knocked on the door.
The boys father was home waiting for him. When he opened the front door he was greeted by the gun wielding suspects that forced their way inside.
"They came in. They had guns. They put us down. They asked us for money," Garnica said.
"Once inside the property they tie up the father and the mother who was also home at the time," the Lieutenant said. "I believe they tied up the father with shoe laces. The men then rummaged through the home."
Stanford said after the suspects stole the cash and jewelry they took off with Garnica's son still in the car. Garnica said he was able to untie himself and even tried to go after the suspects.
"I grabbed my keys, and I left. And I followed them. I chased the guys and I almost caught up to them but they got away from me," he said.
The three suspects dropped off Garnica's son a few blocks away. He then ran to a gas station and called police.
Lieutenant John Stanford believes the suspects were professionals and knew exactly what they were doing. He also added before the suspects left they grabbed the DVR from the video surveillance system outside.
"Just the simple fact that they were standing out in 95 degree weather with latex gloves on, they were prepared. They knew what they were here to do," said Stanford.
Police report that they made off with $30,000 in cash and $100,000 worth of jewelry. philly.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they have found these people. It is cruel and childish to gang up on a 15 year old, especially when these are grown men. We know that this is not the first time these men has done this because they knew to take the surveillance footage before they left. Good thing the teen did not fight back because they could have had a gun.

Gabe

What I don't understand is if the boy called his father, why didn't the father call the police and the mother at least get out of the house to get help rather than stay and get tied up?

Sounds a bit strange to me why you wouldn't do anything if you knew people were coming to rob you in a few minutes.

mairj23

Terrible story here. These things are happening too much these days. These guys are dangerous and should be off the streets as well. I cant imagine the fear of the boy and what he was thinking when this happened.