Two Dead, As Many As Eight People Wounded In Miami Shooting

Anthony

Super Moderator
miami.jpg

Two people have died and as many as eight others were wounded following a shooting in Miami's Liberty City neighborhood early Tuesday morning.
Frederica Burden, a Miami police spokeswoman said the incident happened around 2:30 a.m. Police are still trying to establish how many were wounded.
"It could be multiple shooters, it could be one person. We just don't know at this time," Burden said.
Nearby residents told reporters they heard dozen of shots. “It sounded like a box full of M-80's. Very powerful sound. It was deep. It wasn’t a small little .22 caliber. It was a deep, like a shotgun sound.â€
A few of the victims didn't wait for an ambulance to arrive. “We have some that were driven by friends and some that were actually transported by fire and rescue,†Burden said.
“It’s very early in our investigation,†said Burdan. “I’m not sure how it occurred.
We’re investigating it now. I don’t know if they were all outside standing, some in a car, some not in a car. I don’t know that yet.â€
Police told reporters at they do not have any suspects or motive in the shootings. They are talking to everyone that lives nearby. They are asking anyone with information on the case and in identifying any suspects.
"It was emotional scene outside with family members crowding around," Miami Fire Rescue Lt. Ignatius Carroll explained to reporters what he saw when he arrived.
Hospital spokeswoman said she couldn't release information on the conditions of the injured.
We will update this story as soon as new information is available.

Last edited by a moderator:

mairj23

Another tragedy here. Miami has always been a violet place in this country, despite what you see on tv. Florida is a drug hub for this country and a lot of immigrates live here. Hopefully they'll get down to the bottom of this and get the people who are at fault.

I give my condolences to the people who are a part of this issue. In this day and age, people like to shoot at others to solves problems, but it just creates more trouble. Shooting is not the answer. If people could talk things out like civil people there wouldn't be so many tragic stories like this. Thank goodness there were people around to help the wounded to a hospital.