What are some restrictions to your job?

primalclaws1974

What are some restrictions to your job that you feel might hinder you in preforming your duties more efficiently? What I mean by this, is there a law that you think isn't fair or does your chief make clear certain things he expects or doesn't expect of you personally? An example might be not assuming a group of minorities in a car with loud music is up to no good. He may insist they receive no more stops than white people, yet your beat might have minorities that really are lawbreakers.

bala

There aren't restrictions of what you stated,but honestly,there are a many.There are expectations but those can't be termed as restrictions if that is what you asked for,but there aren't any hindrances after all.

caparica007

I feel that the main restriction (?) would be that police officers have to set an example and that's not easy to do all the time.

primalclaws1974

I guess when I used the word "restrictions" I meant to say expectations that might not be in your job description. I imagine every officer is going to go about the job his or her own way based on the area they work. But are there "unspoken" rules that might go for squads or individuals in an area you patrol?

januz101

Well in a police officers point of view there are many restrictions on what you can't do to a civilian. Using excessive force is also a pain in the ass as you have to hold back when you're currently in a scuffle while performing an arrest.