What is it like when you meet an unethical cop?

Morvack

I have always wondered, what is it like for an ethical cop , to meet an unethical cop? Do you interfere when you witness unethical behavior from an officer? Is it common to meet unethical officers? What options do you have, when such a situation pops up?

Rainman

Depends entirely on the situation. Since both of you are armed stepping in if there are no witnesses around would end badly. I've heard that it has happened before. Best thing to do is report the matter to your superiors so appropriate action can be taken by the right people.

Peninha

Sadly, if I am facing this situation I try to speak the least possible and I will report him for sure, he just has to do his job and that's it.

DancingLady

I haven't had the experience myself, but I have heard stories about a particular local cop from several work acquaintances. He was basically a jerk and liked to pull women over for silly reasons that no one else would pull someone over for. It sounded like he just enjoyed seeing how they would react. I am pretty sure he got let go due to complaints since I haven't heard about him in several years now. I know both my coworkers who had been pulled over by him complained because he is a jerk.

Profit5500

I have always wondered, what is it like for an ethical cop , to meet an unethical cop? Do you interfere when you witness unethical behavior from an officer? Is it common to meet unethical officers? What options do you have, when such a situation pops up?
I just try to avoid situations like this often. If there is something unethical from the cop then I try to remain unknown and report what I have witnessed. Cops who commit crimes while on duty think they can get by with things and not get caught. Report those cops but be ready to be confronted.

januz101

Well there's always a bad apple mixed among the good ones. I think almost everybody here has their own piece of experience to share. There's a good cop and there's a bad cop. Though both of you may serve the same institution and wear the same uniform you can't always weed out the undesirable personality of the individual in a organization. It's best to caution them and remind them of their manners.

Gelsemium

I think that we can find this in any area of activity, so facing such situation we should just act like what's better for us, direct confrontations will lead nowhere.