What would you do as President?

kwalsh477

Morning everyone. I was watching the news last night and saw the President on TV doing alot of talking about he was going fix certain things. So my question to you guys is if you were President for a week what would you do?

JayeeDolo

I would repeal the Obamacare. I believe in preventive medicine and a healthy outlook and why would I help in paying for someone’s abuse if they had smoked or drank heavily or didn’t make efforts to lose weight when asked by their doctor?

bala

I will move to a smaller palace and leave Rasthpati Bhavan,we can save lot of taxpayers money. The president's role isn't of much value here and in local language,just a mere rubber stamp in India and and I will try to stop useless expenditure on me.

PhilA

I would clamp down on large corporations skipping so much tax - they are ruining the US by using tax-loopholes etc

wulfman

I would start disarming nuclear weapons so that the rest of the world is compelled to do the same. Not all of them though obviously. Also I would focus on domestic issues and of course if you have seen my posts on this forum, bye bye guns.

askanison

Stronger gun laws, you don't need an assault rifle to protect your home a pistol will do, puhlease. Invest more money in our education and schools, pay the teachers who have a record of teaching well more. Better healthcare not required healthcare, make the healthcare system more affordable for the common man. Make it required that congress and the senate can not vote themselves raises without first raising the wages of the public. Require that they have to do their jobs and not take lavish vacations on tax payers dime. Require corporations who want to be based in the US to have a set percentage of US workers they must hire. Corporations, lobbyists, all special interest groups would be banned and not allowed to influence votes.

ic3squid

Fix everything up, but I have no idea how I will do it, and even if I do fix everything up I'm not sure if the public would agree with it.

bala

I would start disarming nuclear weapons so that the rest of the world is compelled to do the same. Not all of them though obviously. Also I would focus on domestic issues and of course if you have seen my posts on this forum, bye bye guns.
Loud applause and hats off to you..never before have i heard anyone say as sensible as this.
Peace is essential for mankind's survival and if any of these presidents attempts one a you said,the world surely will be a better place to live in..
Really amazed by your thinking..:D

Ricardo187

I wouldn't be a president in first place because it's a terrible position to have in a country, specially now a days, but if I was to be one, I would try to balance economy and improve security, police, firefighters and all that. Give them proper training and working conditions.

headmaster

There is not much you can do in one week even if you are the President. Anything meaningful you would try to do would have to be passed by Parliament/Senate. I would hopefully try and enact anything that would help the poor and underprivileged. Otherwise I would enjoy traveling in Air Force One.

Muthoni

If I become the president for a week, I would call all the poor people to understand their stories. I would then set up money generating projects for them without giving them liquid money. I would ensure there is a location where they can obtain food and medical services as long as they pull their socks. The most important thing I would set up is affordable education so that every child receives a good education.

nikkilsvgs

I love the nuclear disarming and I totally agree that we need to stop the fighting and destroying.

There is so many problems right now that honestly I wouldn't know where to start. I am a peace lover so I would try to unite us again and since I have kids I would work on the schools systems that are slowly diminishing as the years go by. I would work on gun control laws since there is so many killings.

js85

I think education is one thing that needs to be focused on more than anything else. I think education will bring a better society in every aspect.

Josie

Omg, what a tough question to answer! So much needs to be done and everything affects something else. Something needs to be done about how our vets and our seniors are treated though. That would be first on my list. If you're going to send someone off to fight for you and die for you while you sit in your comfy chair and bask in your freedom, you're damned well going to take care of that person when they come home. IF they come home. And seniors contributed to your society and paved the way for you in so many ways. Forked over their entire lives in hopes of a better day because our leaders make them or they will suffer... then they get old and they suffer anyway. It's kind of disgusting to me. So I would start there. But I have a very very long list of things. A regular joe would have things cleaned up a lot faster than these clowns leading our countries now.

In my country, South Africa, the schools and hospitals are falling apart because they don't have funding. Yet sport events, political bashes and other things get millions spent on them. So I would funnel those funds into repairing the education and medical systems.