What's your favorite music genre?

Catson

I don't like to label things, or to group them under one generalizing name. I like all sorts of music, if it sounds good I'll dig it. What do you guys like though?

stevesxs9

My favorite music genre is R&B but jazz, pop, rap, instrumental, classical, easy listening, rock, are close behind. Every now and then I will listen to a little country.

Vivat

Jazz. It's pretty good, man, the most complex pieces I've heard have been and most likely always will be jazz.

bala

I really am into all kinds of music,and it mostly based on songs that i love them,not based on genres.
R&B to an extent is on my faves list and Heavy Metal too..
Any day my fav singer would be EMinem

babyleans

I love R&B. Every time this question is asked nobody ever says they like R&B i wonder why :( I also love opera!

Rob93FL

I'm a hip hop head. Hip hop (or rap, whatever you prefer to call it) is easily my favorite genre of music.

dariel2323

Me favorite musical genre is the "American Rap". There's more, but this is my favorite. Is paired with my personality and style. I love this genre.

True2marie

I am pretty open when it comes to music. I love anything from pop to country. Depending on my mood, I'll play something upbeat or sad.

These days, since I am doing a lot of walking, I go for songs with a beat. They usually encourage me to pick up the pace. I am also using my iPhone more to watch music videos and pushing my iPod aside.

Determined2014

I love all sorts of music too, but I love reggea more for some reason, it just has a calming effect on me, it makes me feel that everything is going to be alright.

askanison

I don't have a favorite. Most of what I listen to is varied. I like anything from Tool to Billy Holiday so my taste in music is pretty out there I think.

kaitheteen

I'm really into Korean pop music and R&B. I generally like anything that makes me happy while listening to it.

wulfman

I enjoy different types of music depending on my mood. Sometimes rap if I need to get the adrenaline pumping, while classical or jazz to relax or even get rid of stress.

lei

My favorite music is rap music. My favorite artist are Joe Budden and Eminem. I also really like indie rock and alternative rock. My favorite indie/alternative rock band is The Spill Canvas.

I am exactly the same as you, OP. I really love all genres of music. It doesn't matter to me as long as it is good. But if I did have to choose a style, I'd just go with rock. That is a generic enough term that it covers the widest array of musical styles.

dannybuntu

I don't like to label things, or to group them under one generalizing name. I like all sorts of music, if it sounds good I'll dig it. What do you guys like though?

It's the same with me. I like an eclectic mix depending on the mood. I guess that's the reason why artists and musicians always find their niche in this big blue musical world.

Personally I prefer the mind calming rhythms of acoustic pieces as they help me work. There are times however when heavy metal appeals to me. There's also what I call eating or "drinking coffee" music - Bossa Nova and I believe that almost every activity has its own music genre.

Come to think of it, isn't it strange that we tend to be better at what we do when we play the "right" music for the right activity?

Muthoni

My favorite genre of music is worship gospel. I can listen to it all day and night if possible. It lifts my spirit and creates that great feeling that only music can provide. I like it more if I know the lyrics and I can sing along as well especially while lying in bed before starting my day. Music is so beautiful that it creates an atmosphere that nothing else can.