Why Psychos Should Never Be Released From Jail

Rainman

Back in 2007, a man set his mother's dog on fire because he couldn't borrow the family car. He was arrested and sentenced to nine years in prison. He served only four but was for some reason, released. Fast-forward a few more years and the man is again trying to commit another crime. Trying to run over someone with his car, he missed his target, and crashed into an apartment, hitting a child. The bastard then fled on foot. The kid unfortunately, passed away and police are now hunting for him.

Why would they release someone who was cruel enough to set an animal on fire just because he was angry?

Man Who Set Dog On Fire Has Now Killed A Child, Police Say

Onionman

There are times when I think that people should be locked up and the key should be chucked away. And when you hear stories like the one that is highlighted I just have to wonder. It just sounds like this individual didn't get the right help, or didn't accept the right help, when he was in prison.

missbishi

The thing is, they cannot be incarcerated for longer than the original length of time they were sentenced to. This is why every effort needs to be made to rehabilitate such offenders in the pen as at some point, they will have to be released back into society. There clearly hasn't been any successful intervention with this guy but it looks like he's going to spend the rest of his life behind bars once the ocps have caught him. Hopefuly, that will be soon.

OGRICHBOI

I feel as if it depends on the person being released. Obviously, they are not in a state to be interacting with individuals, but a certain amount of freedom would be nice for them. However, on the other hand I feel like some psychos should stay locked up forever. Their brains and mindset are not normal.

Shimus

because the law doesn't disparage between criminals. If they get released they get released. The only time they're evaluated for mental stability is upon incarceration which should be changed to before AND after, to be safe.

And I agree, without sufficient following criminals like this get released everyday around the world just to do more stupid shit. They're obviously not rehabilitated.

dyanmarie25

Psycho people should never be released in jail. It's not a recovery center in the first place, it's a jail, so how can police know if they will never commit the same crime again once they have been freed? Honestly, in my personal opinion, psycho people should not just be put in jail only, but be put in some mental institution, because we all know they have mental problems. And mental problems are not easy to deal with.

Shimus

They should be but they generally don't take the time nor resources to individually evaluate people unless it's a rare or extreme case. That's why it needs to be fixed up to properly put people where they should be. I've seen loonies in jail, and sane people in the loony bin pretending so they get out. It's sickening to see such misdiagnosis.

Gabe

He should have had help of psychiatrist because you don't set beings on fire. Clearly he is unstable in some way so they made a mistake and didn't lock him up up put him in the psych ward. Hopefully they will find him and this time the charges are more serious and they can see a pattern and make sure he doesn't get out or gets the right kind of help.

Gelsemium

It's very hard to determine is a people was rehabilitated or not, but prison ultimately should have their goal, so I think a person can be locked away for good, but this totally depends on their actions.

missbishi

I agree that certain inmates need to be psychologically assessed before release. We can't just assume that someone has been rehabilitated and continuing treatment could even be a parole clause or condition of release. The jail system needs to take a serious look at reoffending rates and work out where they are going wrong.

GemmaRowlands

I don't think that there can ever be one specific rule for whether people should be allowed to be free or not. I think that each individual person should have to go through an assessment process to see whether a) they are showing any remorse for what they did b) whether their actions were as a result of some form of mental illness and c) whether the psychiatrist feels as though they would be able to function in society without committing further crimes. If the answer is that they believe they have been rehabilitated, then they should be given the chance to enter society once they have served their sentence. However they should also be given professional help once they are out there to make sure that their mental state remains stable.

Of course, there are some horrendous people who should never, ever be allowed to step foot into society again. However you really do have to take things on a case by case basis.

bala

Haan.Makes sense,how much ever we treat them in asylum or in jail their mind will still stay unstable and it might get worse owing to the treatment in jail.An alternative could be to put all these psychos in a special cell and assign doctors to make sure they come out of that shell.Just a thought.

RingoBerry

Prison is too good for a criminal like that. I think solitary confinement in an asylum with regularly scheduled shock therapy would be more appropriate. I can believe that there are convicted people - really twisted people capable of being in their best behavior for the sole purpose of getting out and going back into their old habits.

jeremy2

Psychos are nut cases who are better off restrained behind heavily fortified prison walls. Since they are a danger to society, they should remain incarcerated until it's proven that they have regained sound mind and are not of any danger to anyone.But unfortunately, once a psycho, always a psycho.

jesuslover0314

I don't understand the justice system most of the time, because people who do not purposely hurt someone else get more time in jail/prison than someone does when they do purposely hurt someone. I am unsure why this is, but I hope it wont always be this way.

Patrick

This is really saddening news. I think that a proper psychiatric assessment, and counselling while in prison, should be given to such criminals so that they are actually given the opportunity to change instead of just doing time. If they are deemed as mentally unsound harsher treatment or confinement measurements then need to be enforced.

jesuslover0314

I agree 100% with you because some people just don't learn from the time they do take. I am sure some do, but most don't, and I don't see how they get out so early for such horrible crimes.

Rosyrain

There are people in this world who will never be able to function as a normal person in society. I am not sure living the rest of their life in prison is the solution, but rather civil commitment so they can get the help and therapy they need. Some people's brains are just not wired right and they need treatment that is ongoing.

shilpa123

They can create a lot of distress among people and it can be really sad if the people do not understand how worse it can go. It is best if they do nothing about psycho and just keep them in jail.

GlacialDoom

There are a lot of stories in which they were deemed fit to leave for a weekend or so, in order to try and integrate them in the society. Well, in all cases, they snapped and killed someone within hours.

Sure, it's nice to give them a chance, but it should be within a supervised environment.