Woman ran over boyfriend who attempted to sexually assault child

Rainman

A Maine woman returning home caught her boyfriend trying to sexually assault a child. After she confronted him, a fight ensued and the man followed her outside. Guessing that the man would probably physically assault her, she used the only weapon that would stop the bastard.

Lincoln County sheriff’s deputies went to a home on East Neck Road about 11:30 p.m. Saturday after a domestic disturbance was reported and found that James Oliver, 48, of Hampden had been run over by a car in the home’s driveway

Daily News BDN Maine

The woman was charged with operating under the influence and aggravated assault.

Gabe

He was a registered sex offender, so it looks like the relationship is over and he maybe back behind bars. In her case, yes it was drastic what she did, but if should could prove she feared for her life, then she may get off. In any case she saved that girl and prevented a worse crime. The question people will ask is, why was she with him if she knew his history?

Peninha

This is an impressive news! I don't know about running him over, but eventually this was the best solution to put an end to his actions.

kana_marie

Banned
I think she should be ashamed of herself for not doing a better job. I have no sympathy for someone who'll hurt a child like that. They deserve a lot worse than what they get.

thegrey1

Too bad she didn't kill him! Why was she with a perv anyway? What woman could EVER love a child molester? I wonder whose child it was and why it was in her home?

Patrick

I think if she could prove that she was acting in defence the charges would be significantly lowered or dropped. Hope it turns out well for her.

Rosyrain

I would have run him over too and I would not have felt bad about doing it! It would be one of a mother's worst fears realized and how horrible that it happened. At least she was able to catch it before it got much worse for the child. So he was a registered sex offender before the crime happened? Why was the mother dating this man, let alone leaving her child alone with him? You have to be very careful these days when you date people, because you never know what skeletons are in someone's closet.

missbishi

We don't actually know whether the woman knew whether he was on the sex offenders register or not. He may well have hidden that fact from her. We don't even know if this girl was any relation to the woman either. I'm sure more details will emerge in the coming weeks.

I hope the charges against her are dropped though. She was acting in self defence and she prevented a horrific crime from being committed.

jeremy2

What she ought to have done was to call the cops for her boyfriend to be arrested. Taking the law into one's hands could be counter productive in the long run as was the case here.

JoanMcWench

The fact that she had been drinking is a really big problem in this story. It makes her actions less of those of a mother protecting her child & more of those of a drunk woman not properly caring for her child. I would likely do worse if I found someone attempting to do anything of the sort to my children.