100-Year-Old Man Kills Wife With Ax

Rainman

Then he killed himself with a knife.

The motive for the killing is yet to be established or might actually never be unearthed since the murderer is also dead. County prosecutor alleged said that the couple had a history of domestic issues but neighbors think they appeared to be relatively happy.
Barbara Szczecina, 65, who lives down the block, said she saw Rosalia [the murdered woman] sitting on her front porch around 10 a.m. Saturday.

"She used to be in her garden all the time," Szczecina said. "They were always together, putzing around outside."

Prosecutor: 100-Year-Old Man Killed Wife With Ax, Then Self - ABC News

Gabe

You never know what goes on behind closed doors, but an axe seems gruesome. There were probably some issues and 100 is a ripe old age and many people in that age bracket don't fear much as they know they have limited time. I feel for the family, because they don't really nee any attention and people speculating.

missbishi

What a story. Maybe he was scared his wife was going to die first and leave him all alone, so he thought he'd kill her and himself, to ensure they went together. Alternatively, he could have just snapped.

dyanmarie25

That's gory. If he wanted to kill his wife, why did he have to use an axe? He could had had just poisoned her or something like that. Or he could had had just waited for their eventual deaths since they were both very old anyway.

Peninha

It's so sad to see someone live 100 years with so much rage in the heart to the point of killing someone, with an ax! I think it's an extremely violent death and I wonder if he was suffering from some sort of dementia...

Rainman

100 Years old. You'd think someone that old would have learned patience, forgiveness, controlling their temper [if the murder was his response to some slight]. Makes me think no matter how long someone lives some things people can never learn. But to murder someone he'd spent more than 5 decades with an ax . . . that's going beyond the extreme. They should legalize euthanasia so old people who no longer are interested in life can be "led through the gates" swiftly.

Diane Lane

Such a sad story. It's difficult to know what motivates people in cases like this. Obviously, most people in their right minds wouldn't hack someone to death with an ax, but we'll never know his true motivation. I hope she had some good times over the years, because otherwise, that's a long time to be with an abuser.

FuZyOn

This is really saddening. The man probably had some mental issues that he probably didn't feel the need to address since he was 100 years old.
That shows that even people at that age have problems, but he probably snapped when he killed his wife.

PrideKidd

This is one story that saddens my heart. Think of how many years of marriage they spent together loving each other. I agree with the posters who said maybe he thought he would be alone, or she alone and could not handle the thought of it. It is quite clear the man obviously had some sort of mental health disorder. I have been with my husband 12 years in May, and I know I do not want to be without him but Killing him? Where does that thought even being to occur?