11 Year Old Girl Murders Baby

Rainman

That's how bad things have got. The hatred of sadistic children now knows no limits.
The mother of a 2-month-old who police suspect was beaten to death over the weekend by a friend's 11-year-old daughter said Tuesday it was the girl who asked that the baby stay overnight with her and her mother.
Wickliffe police say the girl awakened her mother at about 3:30 a.m. Friday holding the unconscious infant, Zuri Whitehead. The 2-month-old died during surgery about six hours later. The medical examiner has not released a cause of death, but police have said Zuri received extensive head and internal injuries.
The 11-year-old has been charged with murder and is being held in a juvenile detention center. A judge entered a not guilty plea for the girl on Monday and has ordered a psychiatric evaluation.
Cases of children committing serious crimes seems on the rise.

Dead infant's mom says 11-year-old suspect wanted sleepover

missbishi

The whole story sounds very strange indeed and so many things don't add up for me. Why did an 11 year old girl want a 2 month old baby for a sleepover? Why did the mother agree given the time and the fact that the baby was so young? There must have been some screaming so how comt the girl's mother didn't wake up? So many unanswered questions here and I think I'll reserve judgement until we have some more information.

mrsbright

Wow, I don't know any two-months old parents who send their babies to sleepovers... they rarely sleep complete nights, they wake the house up screaming in the middle of the night, they need to be rocked back to sleep, sometimes fed a bit... I don't even get the thinking process behind the "Oh sure my baby can come and play for a night"... O___o

And a kid should not be trusted to look after a baby, and it's just weird. Maybe she is a sadistic kid, yeah. Maybe she just wanted to play with the baby and was too rough. As it is, parents, do not let your babies go to sleepovers before they can take care of themselves!

pandabear1991

I really do not know how to comment on this. One of my thoughts has been mentioned- story is not adding up. But:

At news-harold (sorry I cannot post links yet) they have mentioned that there has been trouble with the 11 year old before. Report clearly states, "no violence."

I personally believe that it is not unlikely for her to have a personality disorder, a mental disorder, chemical imbalance, or something of that nature- which could have very well caused her actions. Either way, it is not something to take lightly, or just let go with evaluation. I am not saying "lock the girl up and throw away the key." I am saying, enforce the health treatment-so long as it can save her from destroying herself or others.

On the other hand, I would hate to know this is someone's sick way to cover up negligence to a child, or for insurance money.

GemmaRowlands

It makes me seriously worry about the state of the world when you get things like this happening, when children are killing other children. I have no idea of the types of things that must be going on in their home life in order to make them want to do this, or feel that they should be able to do it, but something must be very wrong indeed. At that age, children are supposed to be innocent and able to get on with being young and free, yet still we hear stories about things like this. I think that children who kill need to be treated very carefully as well, and definitely given some help with their mental health, because quite obviously things cannot be right with them at all if they are doing things like this.

KenBrace

Banned
Wow this is insane!

What on Earth would make an 11 year old girl do something like that?

Makes me wonder if it's real or not.

How did the 11 year old knock the mother unconscious?

Why was she wanting to sleep over with the infant and why would the mother let her? Wouldn't that seem strange?

stevesxs9

The 11 yr old definitely has some major problems. But how do you punish her? You can't let her get away with it but neither can you put her on death row. This is a very sad but sensitive situation. One in which there is no right answer.

thegrey1

Good question. I don't understand why parents aren't held responsible for things like this. At the very least, this 11 yr. old had issues that were not being addressed. Everybody involved failed this baby!

goldenmaine

This is very sad news and shocking also that a person this young would be able to do such a thing. Maybe it can be assumed that it has something to do with how the child was raised up by his parents and the environment she grew up in. If she wanted a sleepover and did not get it resulting in killing, then this child has not learned some good values. It can be blamed to the adults who are taking care of her, because the child does not know what she is doing.

OGRICHBOI

What a crazy story. How would you punish this 11 year old? First, I would send her to personal therapy however. Having a young girl locked up might raise some questions. Some may say that she did not know what she is doing, but eleven years old is enough to know that murder is a dangerous thing. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

dyanmarie25

That's really disturbing. How can an 11-year-old girl kill an innocent 2-month-old baby? The world is getting crazier and ridiculous, indeed. I have just remembered a similar case in which a 2-year-old boy named James Bulger was also tortured and murdered by two 10-year-old boys. That's quite saddening too.

marcamm

Yup, parents should be held accountable for incidents like this. The 11 year old has been neglected for God only knows how long. I pity both kids. This would be a very traumatic experience for the girl, she needs to undergo professional help.

jesuslover0314

I honestly do not know how to respond with this. I understand children making wrong decisions and such, but to allow her to stay out of juvenile detention, that is just wrong. I wouldn't say to charge her with life, but why not charge her a year or two so that way she knows what she did was wrong.