12 Yr Old Girl Tried To Murder Her Mother

Rainman

Kids can be vindictive. A fact one Colorado woman learned the hard way. She according to police reports, took away her daughter's iPhone for some reason almost paid for it with her life. She says that after she smelt bleach in her drinks twice . . .

The mom confronted her daughter, who allegedly told her she wanted to kill her because she took away her iPhone
The mother contacted authorities from the hospital, where she was treated after becoming ill, and asked police to investigate.

The girl is being held at the Boulder County Juvenile Center on two counts of attempted first-degree murder, according to the sheriff's office.

Girl, 12, tried to kill mom by spiking drinks with bleach, police say | Fox News

The DA is yet to decide what they'll charge the girl with.

hellonamesdan

The girl is only 12 years old?! This is so sad! I really hope that they don't just jump to conclusions and throw her in juvey or prison, and they at least do a psych evaluation to see if she is mentally ill! If that's the case then she really needs to get some help as soon as possible.

dyanmarie25

That's really lame. The youngster tried to kill her mom just because she took her iPhone? Well, who bought the iPhone in the first place anyway? I bet it's her mom, so she has the right to confiscate her phone anytime, no matter what. And I think the mom only did that for her daughter's own good. Maybe the youngster has already been neglecting other important things like school tasks due to her too much usage of iPhone. My mother is also strict, but I don't hate her because of that, because I know she means good for me.

Gabe

You'd be surprised how children are these days, they think they are entitled to these things and I have seen tears, them beating up parents and hurling abuse at them. That's why some parents leave it too late to discipline the children and they are able to fight back in ways that can be dangerous. If the mother doesn't press charges then she is fine as she is a minor, though therapy maybe mandatory. I have heard of other cases too, so I'm not shocked.

Shimus

Well, the fact she had an Iphone had to influence her decision to use BLEACH in drinks of all places. It may have not been smart, but she obviously knew what she was doing and the fact it could kill her mother. I don't think she should be sentenced to juvenile or anything but she should be put through thorough psych evaluations and some remedial classes to teach her what is acceptable and what isn't because obviously the mother wasn't doing a good enough job and just thrust the phone at her to keep her out of her hair. Even if my stuff got taken away I wouldn't have thought of harming my parents. There is something fundamentally wrong there.

missbishi

My first question has to be what on earth did an 11 year old girl have an iPhone for? It sounds to me like the girl has screamed and sulked until the mother gave in and bought her one. She's obviously got some sort of behavioral difficulties but it doesn't look like the mother has sought help with this.

Parents are in a very bad place these days when it comes to discipline. You basically can't spank your kids anymore without a looming threat of the police getting involved. Even fundamentally good kids know that if they scream "abuse" and or call the police or tell a teacher that their parents hit them, that the parents will get an embarrassing, possibly expensive and even catastrophically disrupting investigation. Because of this, they know that even if they earned the spanking, they fight the parent when administration is attempted, turning it into " domestic violence" rather than a whuppin. So you are left with taking away their stuff. However, the fact that kids KNOW their parents are no longer the word of God, that now the courts and social workers are, means they all have lost a degree of respect and fear towards their parents, because they KNOW they have a way to retaliate. Even if the courts put an unruly child or teen in juve, in many areas that is now privatized and the PARENTS will be charged around $100 a day. As this culture progresses, we now see young parents who were raised this way not telling their kids " don't steal" and punishing accordingly if it's a repeat offense.... they tell the kids that they will call the police on them, and even do it. What a few smacks on the butt used to do, it now takes 3 arresting officers, a social worker, a jailer, foodservice staff in the jail, and a judge to handle it. I love America.

Peachdejour

I had to think about this and I'm not surprised sadly. I feel badly for the whole family and I hope the kid gets some psychiatric help.

thegrey1

Well I'll bet the poor little darling doesn't get her iphone back anyway. She definitely needs a psych workup. She may be a sociopath, for which there is no effective treatment. If so, society will hear from her again. My guess is that her mom has spoiled her rotten, and now has to reap the rewards of that.

Determined2014

She should be charged and do some time, that way she can learn the hard way, if she can dare try and take her mothers life because of a phone, I wonder who she thought will help her out after her she had killed her mum.