20- life???

Josie

Once you take a life, you don't deserve to ever see the light of day again. Small cell, bread and water, rest of your life (that you're lucky to have, unlike your victim)

Shimus

Once you take a life, you don't deserve to ever see the light of day again. Small cell, bread and water, rest of your life (that you're lucky to have, unlike your victim)

I agree with this whole-heartedly. If you steal lives away, you should be prepared to never see light again. Taking the most costly thing in this world: LIFE. When you take it, doesn't it only make sense you should repent by living your "LIFE" inside a padded cell/ugly metal jail cell? You were the one that murdered and got caught. I don't think insanity pleas should be around to help out either, if you perform an action YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE DOING.

But Salt. UGH..

SALT. She doesn't even deserve a bed, or a window.

dyanmarie25

She should have been sentenced to life-imprisonment. That's very unfair, justice should be served rightfully.

Shimus

I read this again to some friends and family and they had the same reaction I did. "SALT?!"

Yes. Salt.

Ugh.

Rainman

The deed is done. It can't be undone. 20 years isn't too bad IMHO [It's better than the man who got 3 years for beheading another with a guitar string]. People make mistakes. Some regret what they do. Letting them out to atone for what they did is just I think. Human justice never is perfect but karma . . . balances everything out, eventually.

Josie

No no no.. imagine it were your child. Or just truly put yourself in the shoes of her child. ANY child. Any person, no matter the age. They can no longer grow old, have children or grandchildren. Can't work and meet new friends or enjoy Christmas morning ever again. They will never know what falling in love feels like, or if they already did.. never experience it again. They'll never know what it's like to hold their first born or enjoy the simple pleasure of relaxing outside on a sunny day. They'll never follow their passions and become whatever it was they wanted to become. Feeling bad doesn't bring that person back.. your life for their's, it's only fair. You get to breathe and think and see.. that's gift enough. Karma isn't real. Bad people die happy every day.

bala

I second that ..Completely.One of those most brutal acts of a kind.Mother's don't plot their own son's death.Let her repent her actions,and it will be shown in her attitude and behavior and let's then considering the next course of action.
This though sounds like an apt punishment for her crime.

missbishi

20 years is the minimun she will serve. If the parole board don't think that she is sufficiently rehabilitated then it may be the case that she does spend the rest of her life in prison.

FuZyOn

20 years is arguable. People can change after some time, it all comes down to the situation that they faced.
I agree that she should be given a somewhat bad treatment by the other prisoners, but I hope she realizes that she made a huge mistake by killing her own child.

Peachdejour

I was a little confused when I saw she killed him with salt. They said the 20 years was leniency for the mental illness she continues to refused to acknowledge. She was making her son sick so she could enjoy the attention. She probably did not mean to kill her son, but she was keeping him sick on purpose which is just as horrible. Let her sit in jail for a while. Hopefully, she'll never reproduce again.