28 Year Old Man Assaults His 92 Year Old "Girlfriend."

Rainman

The old lady lived next door to her daughter who called police when she heard her mother scream.
"Let go of me, you're hurting me"

The woman who a court affidavit identified as the man's roommate/girlfriend told the police officers making the arrest that her boyfriend had got angry because she'd refused to take her medicine.

[he] had choked her, grabbed her arms and shook her, and that her arms hurt, but she refused medical treatment
But that was not the first time he assaulted her.
She told the officers [the roommate/boyfriend] hurt her often, but she was scared to call police because she was frightened of him. She also said [he] had talked her into signing over her power of attorney, and he was resisting her attempts to undo it.

Memphis Man, 28, Charged With Domestic Assault of Roommate, 92: Cops - NBC News

This was one odd couple. But I suppose the man was only after the old woman's money.

Gabe

Not only an odd couple, but a strange situation. Surely there must have been others concerned about the nature of the relationship? I hope not that the power of attorney can be rescinded as it was under duress or she can name someone else now. Older people are vulnerable and I hope the daughter has finally been able to do something to help her mother now that there is evidence against the 'boyfriend' and the old woman can see sense.

Rainman

It surprises me how shameless some people can be. Preying on a woman who is about a century old. One would think at such an advanced age, the woman knew better than to trust people who claim to be friends. Now maybe she'll embrace the theory which claims that blood is thicker than water and learn to lean more on her daughter.

Gabe

I do also think attorneys should intervene when these power of attorneys are signed if they feel there is coercion. I know it can be hard as there maybe the odd person that is genuine, but when a person is sane, but old there are few grounds. It makes you wonder how they met and how it got to the stage when he moved in, whether people target the elderly. Having the daughter next door helped, and I imagine she was waiting for some evidence to happen so she could act.

stevesxs9

To say this is the odd couple is an understatement. I personally think the age difference is far too wide for boyfriend and girlfriend. However I would think the last thing this man should want is to be involved in any kind of assault. But since he's drawing this kind of attention to his self then he should definitely be jailed.

mrsbright

I usually am a bit lax about old people with young lovers because I think -- oh well, even if it's not the most sincere thing and if it is mostly for the money, if both parties get something nice out of it and the old person can die happily instead of lonely, then all the better! <br><br>But obviously, if a relationship is based on profit and getting everything that can be pulled out of someone, then abuse is not far out the corner...Sad story.

pandabear1991

This is awful, and the fact that she is having trouble undoing her "power of attorney?" I sincerely hope her daughter is able to step in now and help her mom out. I just hope this boy hasn't been trying to feed her medications to cause an overdose. Money definitely seems to be the object here.

Profit5500

The old lady lived next door to her daughter who called police when she heard her mother scream.

The woman who a court affidavit identified as the man's roommate/girlfriend told the police officers making the arrest that her boyfriend had got angry because she'd refused to take her medicine.

But that was not the first time he assaulted her.

Memphis Man, 28, Charged With Domestic Assault of Roommate, 92: Cops - NBC News

This was one odd couple. But I suppose the man was only after the old woman's money.
I do not think these people really belong together in the first place. A 28 year old man with an elderly woman just for her cash is sickening to me. I think that this guy probably had some mental issues which he needs some help in this case.

marcamm

An old lady does not deserve something like this because let's face the truth, she's only got a few years to live. She deserves all love, care, and respect in the final years of her life. I don't know about you guys, but for me, there's is something suspicious about a guy wanting a 92 year old for a girlfriend. Her daughter should have been more cautious.

As for that man, he really deserves to be punished. Letting people like him loose in our society will cause more violence and crime.

Thricehemz

It is indeed a sad situation and to think that this old lady could be his grand or great grand mother is even worst. However, did the story state that the daughter lives next door? Now most would say that the mother is old enough to make her own decisions but at that age it's like she is a child again and the bet care that she should be in is that of her children. It is fair to say that this very younger guy is taking advantage of her. I believe this is unfair and heartless and he should be restrained from her.

dyanmarie25

The old woman should have never let this man into her life in the first place. Let's be realistic here, if I were a 92-year-old woman, would I believe a 28-year-old man is totally in love with me? The answer is a big NO.

thegrey1

I have to wonder about her daughter as well! What kind of person stands by and lets a 28 yr. old man take her mother's POA, call himself her "boyfriend" and then abuse her? This lady needs to be totally away from this situation, perhaps in an assisted living facility.