5 positive posts a day

Moosh10

Hi All
my name is Catherine and I'm a new member.

With all the bad things in the world today, wouldn't it be nice idea to spread a bit of positive thinking through out the week. It would be great if users could try and post five helpful/positive/encouraging posts/replies etc throughout the week. Maybe the owners of the site could set up a small rewards system for say 5 positive posts in a week. The owner could award 5 points if completed within the week.

i just think that news always seems to be bleak, let's report happy story's, or fun story's, or jokes (clean ones)....????

Anyway just oust a thought, what do you think?

Peachdejour

No, I refuse to have my free speech regulated. I will post happy things when there are happy things to post. Until then, I will firmly yank up my big girl panties and trudge on through the doom and gloom until there is a ray of sunshine for me to cling too. Then, I will ride that monster for as long as I can.

Kittyworker

How about a contest for the most positive post of the week? Then people don't need pressured to make the big 5 positive per day, however one really high quality full of awesomeness and positiveness! I think quality is better than quantity anyway. And hey, we have a top negative post as well for those with freedom of speech.

missbishi

I understand what you are saying. Sadly, there is little positive news surrounding the police right now, so I am not sure how I could participate. When I read forum posts here, I generally end up having more questions than when I started - that's because of the range of opinions present here. That's a good thing, anything that makes us consider our beliefs and question ourselves is healthy for the mind.

LitoLawless

I think that that would be a great idea. It would be a nice change of pace from all the things that are usually seen and expected from a forum like this. I would love to see a couple of positive posts a day, let alone five.

blur92

This is an excellent idea! I am guessing this is partly an attempt to improve law enforcement's reputation in the media. As observed by missbishi, there is a lot of negative content. Still, the few positive stories out will receive greater attention, and then reach more people.

Shimus

This doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I don't think we should either be rewarded or not. The rewarding thing is to get a variety of opinions melting together. Then you can form an overall opinion on the topic as a whole.

If some happy stuff is here, we post feel good stuff. If it's bleak and doom-and-gloom like Peach said, then we slog through it. It's life. We can't just put on a happy face because it's convenient ..

JohnBrock

I think this might impose problems, I would rather have the forum reflect the actual feelings of its community than attempt to force a positive attitude, law enforcement is generally a field of work where negativity is prevalent, so I don't think it's inappropriate that this forum reflects that...

JoanMcWench

I think this might impose problems, I would rather have the forum reflect the actual feelings of its community than attempt to force a positive attitude, law enforcement is generally a field of work where negativity is prevalent, so I don't think it's inappropriate that this forum reflects that...

Yea, sorry to be a negative Nelly but he's right. Sadly, a lot of the information the police deal with is depressing information to the normal citizen. It's also a regular occurrence that people have bad interactions with bad cops. These are things I want to know about.

calicer1996

Intriguing thought! The media has been focusing on the negatives for too long. We need a change. Let's be the change.

PrideKidd

I can surely get on board with this idea! I believe you are right, there are too many negative things in the world, a little positive posting can be a great thing. I can say here is a funny one I cannot post the link yet but it is on instagram & goingviralposts.biz search "Cops Found Coke In Their Trunk, But When They Open It, They Say It’s Genius," ​there is a video, too funny!!

thegrey1

Peachdejour, now that was a positive post if I've ever seen one! I laughed out loud just from the mental picture of someone holding up their big girl panties while simultaneously trudging! Thanks for the chuckle. You get the 5 points! LOL

lushlala

This doesn't sound like a bad idea, but I don't think we should either be rewarded or not. The rewarding thing is to get a variety of opinions melting together. Then you can form an overall opinion on the topic as a whole.

If some happy stuff is here, we post feel good stuff. If it's bleak and doom-and-gloom like Peach said, then we slog through it. It's life. We can't just put on a happy face because it's convenient ..

I totally agree, Shimus. I'd much rather report and discuss good and bad stuff as and when it happens, to have the freedom and flexibility. I see the value of reporting the positives, but I also don't want it to feel like it's forced or contrived. True life is a representation of both, and as depressing as it is to admit; these days you do find that we seem to have more bad incidents than positive. Whether or not we ignore the bad, it IS taking place and it's someone's life and the police are charged with mopping it all up.

Diane Lane

Positive can also be a relative term. I just posted a story about a person being assaulted, but I consider it to be positive, since the victim happened to also be a concealed carrier, and was able to protect himself from further harm, and the attacker was stopped before more people were harmed. I'm sure there are people who wouldn't consider that to be a positive post, but I do.

IshieVonDyson

Hmm, I’m of two minds on this as well. Sharing positivity is great; feeling forced to share positivity might end up being detrimental in the end. As others have said, life is full of both good and bad. And one person’s good news might be another person’s bad news. By all means, we should share positive experiences but I’m wary of incentives.