80 Year Old Man Shoots and Kills Fleeing Pregnant Intruder Woman

Anthony

Super Moderator
greer.JPG
An 80-year-old man shot dead a pregnant woman as she and a male accomplice were caught breaking in and robbing the man’s home in Long Beach, California.
“I walked in on them,†Greer said “And they jumped on me in the hallway.â€
Tom Greer, wearing his arm in a sling said he came back to his home Tuesday evening and found the two suspects raiding through his house.
"When I went in there, they tackled me," Greer said. "Both of them jumped up on top of me."
Greer said he fell to the floor. He managed to get up and get his .22-caliber revolver as both intruders were going through his safe.
The two ran out of the house and headed towards an alley.
“The lady, she couldn’t run as fast as the man, so I shot her in the back twice,†Greer explained. “She’s dead, but he got away.â€
[video=youtube_share;d_fVRXXx38w]http://youtu.be/d_fVRXXx38w[/video]
“She says, ‘Don’t shoot me, I’m pregnant! I’m going to have a baby!’ And I shot her anyway,†Greer said.
Greer suffered a shoulder and collarbone injury during the incident. He says he doesn't have any regrets about the shooting the woman, “I shot her so that’s going to leave a message on his mind for the rest of his life.â€
Authorities have yet to identify the woman and they are still searching for the man that escaped.
Police haven't decided if Greer will face charges in the shooting.
“On the one hand, a frail man in his eighties, he’s been attacked in his own home by intruders, he has a right to self defense,†legal analyst Royal Oakes said. “On the other hand, he did shoot a person who was trying to get away, so he wasn’t in imminent danger himself, and te law says you can’t shoot somebody under those circumstances.â€

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

This story is a bit complicated because the couple broke into an old man’s home. The pregnant woman did not put much consideration for her unborn baby. The innocent baby died at the hand of this old man. He could have shot her to make her immobile but not kill her. I guess at the end of the day, there are no winners in this story.