9 Year Old Boy Sneaks Onto Plane Flies To Las Vegas

kwalsh477

A 9-year-old Minneapolis boy was able to get through security and onto a plane at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport without a ticket, an airport spokesman said Sunday.

zoxeez

I don't understand in this day and age of heightened security at airports this boy was able to pull this off.

Muthoni

This is a very creative boy who can become a great person if that creativity is channeled into the right direction. I guess it is a challenge to the airport security to pull up their socks if this little boy can be able to bypass their monitored points.

LuckyGirl08

I wonder where the parent was when this was happening. This just shows that some parents do not keep an eye on their children while in crowded places. With the security busy, I can see how it was easy for the child. He could have slipped through security with another adult and nobody ever noticed it. I know that the airport security had a stupid look on their faces when they realized that a 9 year old boy got by their system.

FuZyOn

Well.. I don't really know what to say. At 9 years old to be able to bypass security that easily it's scary!
Either the kid was very creative and smart or the security guards just didn't do their jobs.
I am sure it was only an accident though. Also, didn't the parents notice that their kid was missing?

helaofthenorns

Where were his parents? Maybe the security thought that he was just the son of one of the passengers already on board? I'm just happy that he is fine.

Profit5500

This just shows that if anyone can sneak onboard a plane then its easy to sneak into the White House. How the heck did TSA missed this 9 year old boy sneaking on a plane with no ticket I am sure someone should have noticed.

stevesxs9

Well more than likely there will be a few heads roll over this. To be outwitted by a 9 yr old is one thing, but at the expense of safety and security is unacceptable. So I'm thinking one or more people will be made examples of.

Rahstyles

I was just at the airport last year and they check throughly and even stop everyother person. How in the world did the kid get past TSA. Im sure it wasnt at LAX cause those tsa people are brutal.

Rainman

What if he didn't have to get past security? Like this man?
A shirtless, greasy man was arrested at Orlando International Airport on Thursday (Sept. 18) after he emerged from the wheel well of an airliner, the Orlando Sentinel reported. Demetrice Hall, a 32-year-old ex-con from Orlando, burrowed under a fence into a restricted area of the airport then climbed into the wheel well of the plane in hopes of getting to New York, the story said.
Or what if, the kid managed to convince anyone who questioned him that he was with his parents who'd just got past security like Kevin in Home Alone 2? Unless we saw CCTV footage, it would be hard to tell exactly how the kid snuck into the plane.

Determined2014

I just wonder, what happened to the security and also the flights working crew, how could they not know, that the kid was travelling alone, which seat did the kid occupy? it just seems as though alot of ignorance has started taking place,watch how this incident might be an idea to others, to start sending kids all strapped up with bombs to try and get on the plane.

Sarz

Where were his parents? Maybe the security thought that he was just the son of one of the passengers already on board? I'm just happy that he is fine.

Apparently the by was a runaway which explains why his parents weren't around. He stole someone's luggage and when the attendant was busy hopped on the plane and pretended when questioned his parents were at the back of the plane. he had be scoping the airport out for a few days according to the news. He didn't even have a boarding pass. Embarrassing for Delta and TSA. Also scary glad he is ok and will be returning to his parents. Nine years old I can't help but be impressed.

News story here:http://www.usatoday.com/story/today...sneaks-onto-plane-flies-to-las-vegas/2931361/

Teens In Crisis

It takes some planning and some balls, I'll give you that. The TSA isn't exactly known for being top notch detectives, and has made some pretty questionable decisions in the past. However, my real concern would be how are we supposed to feel protected from terrorism if a 9 year old can fool an entire airport of people?

Gelsemium

Unbelievable that something like this still happens after the 9.11, how didn't security noticed him?

Patrick

This reminded me of Home Alone 2 haha. On a more serious note I think it reflects on the need for more airport personnel and tightened security. While in this case the child probably did it in the name of fun, insidious terrorist threats could come from anyone, at any age.

btatro

I agree, how does this even happen?! Are they not aware of tickets sold vs passengers on board?

sillylucy

This is really troubling to me because it makes me think that if terrorists hear this information then they are just going to start using children to do their crimes. If a boy can go undetected then I think they would use children in horrible ways to sneak things onto planes. TSA has been grilling old people and now they might do the same to kids.

Gin0710

Way to keep an eye on things TSA. That boy really wanted to see Cirque De Sole didn't he? I should sneak onto a plane to Vegas.