A bat....

Crazy thing happened to me last week. I woke up in the middle of the night from a dead sleep to find a bat flying around in my room. It was flying to walls and came at me a couple of times. My dog was trying to catch it, I took my pillow case off and covered it up and threw him outside. Scared the heck out of me. I don't know how he got inside my room. This ever happened to you?

Josie

Yes! ugh.. they are the scariest things when they're flying around lol.

I was on the phone with my girlfriend years ago and all she heard was me scream and then dead silence. She freaked out, screaming for me, thinking I had been attacked, getting ready to call the police lol. I was just sitting there talking and suddenly this big thing flew in at me.. I screamed, dropped the phone and flew behind the couch with a blanket over my head lol. I finally found my way out of the house and got a neighbours help.. he came back with a football helmet on, a hockey stick in one hand and a big garbage bag in the other lol..

FuZyOn

It hasn't happened yet and I'm glad it didn't. It would be very scary to see a bat minding his own bussiness in your room while you're trying to sleep.
Glad you handled the situation good! I would've freaked out!

Shimus

I lived in in attic room. The outside was a bat nest. Believe it or not, they are not bad neighbors. Everyone freaks out because they don't see them much (nocturnal) but they really kept my attic clean of bugs and other annoyances. A couple times I found a bee during the day, but no flies/insects. They took care of spiders too, believe it or not.

They don't freak me out. They used to, before I lived there. And they always fly around in the attic when I was up there. They never smacked into me, because of their sonar pings. I actually don't mind them, they were good neighbors.

Just because they look different and only come out at night, there's a mass of people who are scared. They don't hurt humans. They co-exist peacefully. The only downside is they shit everywhere. I mean EVERYWHERE. Messy creatures.

Peachdejour

I would have been far too medicated to deal with this at night. My boyfriend might have shot it. We had a black squirrel run into the house when I was little and my grandma chased it with a broom. hehe Funny stuff.

JoanMcWench

That's always been my dream: Waking up to find a bat in the room with me & that's the moment I realize I should be a middle class crime fighter because my parents were murdered in an alley when we were leaving the Mefistofele performance. *sigh* Well, whatever. I'll have other dreams I guess...

Shimus

Joan, that made me LOL in real life. Good one.

I just don't get why people fear them. Bats ignore humans for the most part and they never will run into us. Unless you're freaking out and run into their path as they swerve away from you. If you calmly walk, I've never been ran into one. And I lived near them on a daily basis.

I think it's because it's a creature of the night and it's been villain-fied from the movies/shows/tv.

dyanmarie25

It has never happened to me yet. I would totally freak out if ever I saw a bat in my room since we live in a city, and there are no nearby woods/forests here, so I would probably be wondering how could a bat be inside our house.

JoanMcWench

It's always been the case that things flying at you will inevitably garner some fear response. Even an adorable bird flying at you becomes an attacker to your bodys reflexes. I've actually accidentally smacked my friend's bird out of the air when it came flying toward me. My mind knew it wasn't going to attack me but my body wasn't taking no risks that day. P.S. The freaking bird was fine.

oraclemay

You sure it was not a vampire? Do you have a roommate? Stranger things have been known to happen, however, it may have just been a fruit bat that lives in the tree tops and took a wrong turn. I understand they are blind.

lushlala

Oh wow, what a creepy and seemingly random thing to happen. No luckily, I've never had this happen to me ever! Did you have your windows open? I mean, I'm not scared of bats per se, but let's face it, they have the weirdest looking little faces and I don't like the way they flap about at all. I would probably have screamed the whole place down LOL