Almost 8x The Legal Limit, Driving While Intoxicated

Diane Lane

He was arrested with nearly 8 times the legal limit of alcohol in his blood. Obviously he has a high tolerance for alcohol, because that level would probably have killed someone who hadn't built up a tolerance. He's probably lucky he was arrested, otherwise, he might have died from alcohol poisoning. He was pulled over for extremely erratic driving. He's fortunate he didn't hurt or kill someone else. DUI suspect with .627 BAC arrested in Iowa

Josie

Wow, that's nuts! And watch, he'll be back on the streets in no time. I think when it comes to drunk driving, it's ONE strike you're out. NObody should have to be reminded not to do it. You make a choice, when you get behind the wheel, to endanger every life you pass on those roads. Not cool..

Gabe

I've seen people intoxicated drive and it's scary. I refused to get into a car once when someone driving I thought was over the limit. Driving under the influence is too common these days and people need to take responsibility for their actions. They are aware and those around them should stop them.

lushlala

I have ZERO tolerance for drink driving. The sad thing is, it's becoming common place wherever you go. In my country it's very bad. I have become the annoying preachy friend "with my Western practices and ideologies", because I tell all my friends off for doing this, and refuse point blank to get in a car with a legless driver. I am of the strong belief that it should be one strike, and if you do it again you get a lifetime ban. If you go on to re-offend even after you've been banned, I advocate for a lengthy prison sentence, as long as 5 years. Drink driving is the biggest killer in my country, and I think the law is VERY lax, and provides no deterrent whatsoever, just a slap on the wrist.

Diane Lane

I have ZERO tolerance for drink driving. The sad thing is, it's becoming common place wherever you go. In my country it's very bad. I have become the annoying preachy friend "with my Western practices and ideologies", because I tell all my friends off for doing this, and refuse point blank to get in a car with a legless driver. I am of the strong belief that it should be one strike, and if you do it again you get a lifetime ban. If you go on to re-offend even after you've been banned, I advocate for a lengthy prison sentence, as long as 5 years. Drink driving is the biggest killer in my country, and I think the law is VERY lax, and provides no deterrent whatsoever, just a slap on the wrist.

That's a shame. Good for you for sticking to your principles and trying to educate them on the dangers. It didn't used to be considered as big of a deal here in the U.S. as it is now, but the population has grown substantially, there are many more vehicles on the road, and they are able to drive faster than years back, so the danger has increased. It's gotten to the point where I try to be off the roads on and around New Years, as well as some other holidays, because I've seen too many drivers who appear to be impaired, driving around freely. Hopefully you and others in your country speaking out will make a difference, and the laws will be changed.

thegrey1

I don't have any tolerance for drunk driving either! I've refused to get in the car many times with someone who had been drinking. Add soon to be legalized marijuana all over the country, and we'll really have a toxic mix on our hands!

missbishi

I don't think you should be allowed to drive if you've just had one drink, never mind that many. Driving whilst under the influence is one of the most selfish and irresponsible things a person can do. People are killed because of drunk drivers every single day and it's out of order to endanger someone's life just because you can't be bothered leaving your car and paying for a cab.

JoanMcWench

Honestly, this is the kind of article that I see this guy framing. 'He should have been dead' 'He should have been passed out at least'

"Yea, you guys see that? I'll drink any of you under the table!"

lushlala

That's a shame. Good for you for sticking to your principles and trying to educate them on the dangers. It didn't used to be considered as big of a deal here in the U.S. as it is now, but the population has grown substantially, there are many more vehicles on the road, and they are able to drive faster than years back, so the danger has increased. It's gotten to the point where I try to be off the roads on and around New Years, as well as some other holidays, because I've seen too many drivers who appear to be impaired, driving around freely. Hopefully you and others in your country speaking out will make a difference, and the laws will be changed.

I hope so too, Diane and thanks! It just breaks my heart to see it happening. If I drove, I too would be careful not to be out at certain times and some of the busier holidays because that's when it's at its worst. People here love a booze up and can party until the cows come home! I don't think the government's helping because they just keep "upping" the levy on alcohol, but that doesn't work. They tried to name and shame them by having custom made "booze buses" with cells in there; by having the police round them up and pour them into these cells, letting them dry out and then dropping them off at their addresses.

These drunks just saw it as a free ride, as well as a badge of honour, an adventure to say I rode on the booze bus! This is all a joke, in my opinion. We need laws bordering on the draconian to address this.

dyanmarie25

Drunk driving meets reckless driving. Yeah, good thing, he didn't kill/hurt anyone. I hope his arrest would serve as a lesson to him now, though I know some people are just too stubborn.

FuZyOn

He is a lucky guy, but I hope that he solves his alcohol problems. He may kill people in the future, or even kill himself because of recklessly driving.

Whitewolf2578

Yeah, so many people are killed because someone was drunk behind the wheel. It is just horrible. If I go out drinking, I always take my friend that doesn't drink, so if it has to be done, he can drive. This guy must be a Norse man if he handled all that booze.