Amtrak derails

Gabe

Are you thinking possible tampering, @JoanMcWench? I have to say, I was on edge when I saw the Amtrak story, especially after this one. No Injuries Reported as Bolt Bus from NYC to Boston Explodes in Flames on Roadside | NBC New York. I don't know the cause of either, but I hope both are being investigated.

That's quite scary as I use that route quite often, though I flit between Bolt Bus, Mega Bus and Greyhound depending on the price. I also use Amtrak, but I think money for updating systems may have been compromised for profits. It won't stop me using the bus, but I will definitely keep my eye out on the condition before I board.

JoanMcWench

It's scary that we rarely get any real answers after things like this occur. What I mean is the media lights up like a Christmas tree for these disaster stories but neglects to round the bases. They're fine running to first & ignoring the rest of the game. It bothers me that I have to look to Vice for honest reporting. Wasn't honesty, keeping opinion to ones self, & being thorough requirements for any reporter let alone any real news story?

Sunflogun

I was watching this on the news yesterday and they were saying that they discovered the equivalent of the planes black box. So let's wait and see what it shows, but definitely this needs to stop, too many accidents already.