Another drug to worry about!

dyanmarie25

I haven't heard of this drug "Flakka" before, and yeah, it sounds pretty alarming. I think it makes people kind of insane and delusional; one man ran naked and decided to make love with a tree, and the other two thought they were being chased by people. That's really bizarre.

Rainman

I haven't heard of the drug yet but I had a look around and learned that it makes those who've used it hallucinate. That would explain why some people would imagine that they were being chased. Apparently it also has this effect on those who use it:

Police say one man ran naked through his neighborhood, tried to have sex with a tree and called himself the Norse god Thor.

Another ran nude down city streets in broad daylight, convinced a pack of German shepherds was after him. Two others separately tried to break INTO the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, desperate for help from imaginary mobs.

It's time the police and DEA agents swung into action . . .

lushlala

Nope, never heard of this flakka drug before, but it sure sounds as nasty as the rest of them! Why people find this sort of high exciting is beyond me. I mean, besides it making you paranoid and hallucinate, which to me doesn't sound like much fun, you're putting yours and other people's lives at risk. I doubt I'll ever be able to wrap my head around the whole thing.

I doubt we'll ever be truly free of drugs. If anything, I think they'll just keep increasing and the potency is likely to become more lethal and horrible. As long as there's demand, there'll be supply sadly :(

IshieVonDyson

Flakka sounds like a dangerous drug indeed. I’ve seen the name around but I wasn’t sure of exactly what it was, or its effects, until now. It doesn’t even sound particularly pleasant. Why the hell would anyone WANT a drug to send them into paranoia and a potential murderous rage? The mind, it boggles.

But yeah, people will do strange things to get high, so I agree, this world will likely never be a drug-free one.

stevesxs9

I have heard that this drug effects include extreme hallucinations, rage, delirium, paranoia, and a sharp rise in body temperature which leads users to take off their clothes.

Josie

There will always be people that want to escape their reality or experience a different one. It's exciting. I get the appeal and if people are only told the good side of it, they'll be more apt to try it. Look at LSD.. some of the same effects, both "positive" and negative and people will still take it. I loved it myself lol and was able to control any paranoia.. but many couldn't. It's a risk you take. Not that anyone should be doing drugs.. but we know it's not going anywhere, so just keep up the education and being real about it.. and advertising these things all over the media via "news" isn't the best way to go about it. Double edged sword.. while you may be luring more people to try it that never heard of it before, you're informing people of it's dangers and possibly leading family members to recognize what a loved one is faced with.