Another teenaged killer!

dyanmarie25

He really is psychotic. I think he needs to be treated in a mental institution rather than be put behind the bars.

JoanMcWench

I'm glad you mentioned 'another'. This seems to be a trend in the news as of late. Are teens really having such a difficult time in their lives that murder seems like an option? That's depressing in so many ways.

Philosophydaddy

This kid needs psychiatric care. I won't say he doesn't deserve a prison sentence because of his actions after he killed his mom and sister, to me, shows a conscious understanding of what he did. I wonder if there are a kind of prison hospital where he can receive mental health care while being remanded from society for his crime. Or maybe serve a reduced prison sentence after completing mental health rehabilitation. I don't know. It just seems off to me to give this kid a pass because he seems psychotic.

I'm glad you mentioned 'another'. This seems to be a trend in the news as of late. Are teens really having such a difficult time in their lives that murder seems like an option? That's depressing in so many ways.

Yeah it is depressing. My hope is that this is just viewership bias or whatever it is called. Basically the idea that more raw info is put out on the 'net because of social media and up-to-the-minute reporting that we see more violence than ever before. Doesn't mean that there is more violence, it just means we are cognizant of more violence.

Rainman

Mentally ill or not, this person ought to be locked up somewhere forever. I'm a firm believer in the eye for an eye thing. Two things. Either a really long prison sentence for anyone who kills another or execution. Murderers deserve no pity.

lushlala

Interesting how it's almost like he wants to blame his heinous act on having watched Rob Zombie's remake of the movie "Halloween". There's something not right with him that's for sure. I agree he needs locking away and kept away for many, many years. I just don't understand why people always make out like the movies they watch influence them to do horrible things! It's just make believe, not real life!

Rainman

Maybe movies actually do influence people to do things they hadn't planned on doing. There's this story about a bank robber who after he'd been released from jail watched a movie about a robbery and he went straight back to robbing, was caught and thrust back into the slammer. As for the teenager's excuse . . . it's pretty lame, if you ask me. People can pretend to be insane when they've done something really bad or maybe the murders themselves can cause them to lose their sanity.

Josie

It sounds like he was hoping for an out with a suffocating family and fantasised it being easy for him.. but then it wasn't. I don't know what his home life was like, but in many abusive homes, the kids won't think past the solution.. the consequences. All that matters is ending the suffering they are going through and whether he was abused or not, he felt like he was suffering. Who knows. Not that I justify what he did.

And no, this isn't a new thing. Humans kill. Most of us don't, but it's in us to kill. We are animals in the end. And a look throughout history will show you we are nowhere near as violent and mad as we once were. But everyone still goes on and on about "kids today" like they have throughout history lol. I don't know if he's mad or just lost and made the worst decision of his life.. but what's done is done and he needs to pay for it.

Philosophydaddy

There's something not right with him that's for sure. I agree he needs locking away and kept away for many, many years. I just don't understand why people always make out like the movies they watch influence them to do horrible things! It's just make believe, not real life!

Exactly. Though I think with someone who is truly mentally ill, the distinction between make believe and real life can be hard to distinguish. I still think that he should be locked up. He seems conscious of what he did and that it was wrong, so I think the idea that he is mentally ill is less of a defense than it would be.

Whitewolf2578

Is it just me or does this kind of thing always happen in Texas or Colorado. Maybe they should start looking into this, maybe check the water supply. I just moved to Montana and I have heard weird stuff like people just snapping and going on a killing spree. I agree with putting this kid in a mental institution though, he needs help and I doubt prison is going to help him.

mrsbright

Man, that's too bad that this sort of behaviour was not spotted before. I hope they give him proper mental care. Dangerous people should be put away from society so they don't harm someone, but I think that the way they should be put away should depend entirely on what they need, also. Some people need rehabilitation, some education, some mental treatment. And some need the rest of their life away to think of their deeds.

katherine25

I have to agree with RainMan, if he needs psychiatric treatment then give it to him but regardless of what he gets just make sure he's away from the public for good. I also noticed now when someone commits murder they always seek "insanity" when they're really not so I half of the time I don't feel bad for these people. The way I see it is if you commit the crime you deserve the time!