Another young death!

Rainman

The autopsy report indicates that Gray's spine was almost severed. One can't help but wonder what the arresting cops did to him. The cops who have been suspended as investigations are conducted but they claim that no force was used when Gray was arrested. How then did he end up with a spine injury? How then can they explain away how someone who could run when he was being arrested ends up in an ICU hours later?

missbishi

This is really quite upsetting. I'm going to be following this story with interest as I'm just waiting to see what sort of excuse the arresting officers come out with. There can only really be one explanation really, but I bet your bottom dollar that it's not the one we are told.

thegrey1

I'll bet they won't get away with it! This is just too horrible and vicious! It sounds like he was tortured to death!

dyanmarie25

Such a terrible news, indeed. I wonder how would the cops try to defend themselves now, claiming they didn't hurt/beat Gray, how the heck the young man suffered from spinal injury then?

lushlala

It's a shame but for whatever reason I can't get into the story, it seems to be a broken link :(

But reading between the lines; it sounds pretty horrific! I mean even if there was torture involved, it would have to have been some pretty serious torture session for the lad to have had his spine severed! I am a huge fan of police work, and absolutely appreciate the challenges they are faced with on a daily basis; but this is just too much!

Rainman

There'll be a huge rally to "shut down" Baltimore on Saturday.

Protesters promise to "shut down" Baltimore with Freddie Gray rally | 89.3 KPCC

After a week of protests, people angry over the unexplained police-custody death of Freddie Gray promised their biggest march Saturday, when they would try to "shut down" the city.

Maryland State troopers have been called in just in case . . .

I mean even if there was torture involved, it would have to have been some pretty serious torture session for the lad to have had his spine severed!

There was no torture. The spine severing either was the result of a violent arrest or the nickel ride which followed, as it has been alleged.