Anthony Novellino convicted of murder in pig mask case

Anthony

Super Moderator
novellino.jpg
New Jersey man has been convicted of fatally stabbing his ex-wife 84 times and placing a pig mask over her face.
Jurors in Morristown Court House announced Wednesday that Anthony Novellino, 66, was guilty of murder. They had deliberated for three hours over two days.
Novellino murdered his estranged wife when she came back to their shared family home to gather her belongings. He admitted to the two officers that he could only remember “twice cutting her with the knife†and said he had “no intention at all†of hurting her.
Novellino claims he struggled with his wife after she pulled a knife on him in an upstairs bathroom of their home on June 19, 2010.
Judith “picked up†the knife and “threatened me,†Novellino said in the interviews with investigators. He said he then “grabbed her†by the wrist.
Novellino told the officers, “I didn’t do what you said I did. I don’t know who would do that because I was the only one there.†“In 15 seconds, everything happens,†Novellino said. “Your whole life changes in 15 seconds,†he added.
When asked about the pig mask, he replied that he noticed a “mess†in the closet and spotted the pig mask on the floor. “I just picked it up and threw it in the bathroom,†he said.
Novellino faces a minimum of 30 years in prison. Sentencing is scheduled for September 12.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

I think it is necessary for a divorced person to admit when they need help to get over their Ex. Stabbing her eighty four times and placing a pig mask on her indicates that he committed the crime out of anger when he realized she was actually going to leave for good. He has taken a life and damaged his own in a very short time.