Are police officers paid enough?

Sunflogun

There are certain professional classes that I consider that are not paid enough when comparing to the responsibility they have and one of those are police officers. Do you agree with this or do you think they do receive enough?

JoanMcWench

No, I never felt they made enough. I also don't think teachers make enough or nurses or firefighters or garbage collectors even. That might just have to do with my general feeling that a lot of people deserving of more money are stuck where they are.

Gabe

I don't think they do considering the risks, which is why the pension and benefits are an incentive to stay. Many do moonlight and have other jobs and it's because of the pay and the fact they can't really move up the ranks so easily.

thegrey1

No I'm sure not. I think if we paid them more, they might be able to handle the stress of the job a little more easily. I'm not saying we should throw money at every bad situation (I think we do that too much already), but these people earn their paycheck, and then some! It's got to be difficult to go out there and be patient with jerks and criminals, when you're stressed about your mortgage payment!

Josie

I don't know how much they make, but you couldn't pay me enough, so I imagine not. I think with more pay though, they need more training.