Are The Indian Police To Blame For All The Rapes

Rainman

Early last year after the Delhi rapes, China called India the rape capital of the world. And the country seems to live up to its reputation. Every other week you'll hear of someone being raped not just in Delhi. The latest of the disgusting news is the rape of a 4 year old girl by a neighbor. More disturbing is the fact that the girl knew him quite well and even called him "uncle."

Thing we should learn from this rape is that children are more likely to be raped by people they actually know . . . and trust.

But getting back on topic, why are rapes so common in India because the cops don't do much to stop rapists or find them once a rape has been reported?

Gabe

I just read a story on the Delhi rapists who raped a girl on a moving bus and then threw her off. The attitude is very much it was her fault as she shouldn't have been out and needed to be taught a lesson. The attitude of the lawyers defending them was as bad, defending the culture and blaming women, with these attitudes it is no wonder the Indian system is a mockery. The Constitution affords women equal rights, but when people ignore the law and do what they want, what is the point? I guess that's why there are so many revenge killings because of the law versus cultural attitudes.

bala

No,we can't blame the cops.its the mindset that is at fault.We are yet to decipher why all these happen in india.
Maybe the inclusion of legalized red light areas might help curb rapes.I really don't have a proper answer to what to do.

timelord731

The police as a whole is almost never to blame. The people to blame are the men and women who commit such sickening crimes. Could the Indian Police Force be harder on rapists? Yes. But how far should they take it?

jabay

I think that it would be unfair to put the blame for the rape on the Indian police. i think that we should look into other areas as to why are people so eager and interested in rape all of a sudden. Why are people in those areas being raped more. And hopefully we will be able to find the solutions.

missbishi

Maybe it's not that women are being raped more often, it's that they feel more able to report it these days. I cannot begin to imagine the amount of rapes which go unreported, for all sorts of reasons, and I am wondering if, as women gradually become more equal, they feel more able to speak out. Just my two cents!

dyanmarie25

Sadly, rape has now been considered as "widespread" in India. I don't really have any idea why is it happening around that country. Some people say it's because of India's culture in which men are preferred in the society, and there's no equality at all. But no, cops should not be blamed for these cases. It's pure evil to be blamed, as simple as that.

JoanMcWench

Well, the police cannot be responsible for the act of rape if they are not the ones participating in the act. They are responsible for arrests/prosecutions & it seems like they're being pretty lax with that set of duties. Let me use an supplemental example easier to deal with: I'm a bank robber & I know that in India police look the other way when people rob banks. I'm going to participate in a lot of bank robberies &, seeing as there is no fear of consequence, many other people will likely be joining me in the area.

jesuslover0314

The world may never know, but we all do know the world get's crazier and crazier everyday. Whether the cops do anything about it or not, there is nothing we can do besides deal with the issue when it happens, and give penalties to those who do it. Which it isn't within the US so we can't do anything about it.