Are there mandatory excerise regimens within police forces?

primalclaws1974

Does any police force in the United States require exercise before an officer begins their shift? Even some factories require this, just to keep the workers limber. I think this would be a good idea. I don't expect them to do two hours of calisthenics and then work a 12-hour shift, but a light, 15-30 minute workout would help keep them in shape.

Patrick

I think that this would be a great idea, but realistically it would be quite hard to enforce. Ultimately if the police officers don't wish to exercise I think that they would still find a way to wriggle out of the exercise regimen.

SamClemensMT

There are so many reason to encourage physical fitness. Yet at the end of the day law enforcement is a job, and so long as you are fit enough to perform the requirements of your job you're good to go in my opinion. It's a free country. People should be given the facts about fitness and left to make their own choices.

soconfused

Dont know if they do have them, but could be a great idea, a little exercise would keep them active and sharp. they must have some sort of physical activity planing for them.

Kittyworker

I think this is a great idea for any employer to add. There have been studies that show even 7 minutes of a good intensity can have significant health benefits per day. Everyone can fit a bit of exercise in their routine, its just the importance they place on it and their health. For those in desk jobs it would be great if they could have quick stretch/exercise breaks every couple of hours to negative the negative effects of prolonged sitting.