Are you scared of police officers of your region?

shilpa123

Police officers can sometimes be scary when dealing with people in their region or locality. But at times they are considered to be one of the best people to talk to as a human being. What is your opinion of police officers of your region?

dolittle94

I'm not afraid of the police in my residential area. The officers that I have been in contact with seem like good people (you never really know, but hey). I'm more afraid of getting a speed ticket than the officer who would serve it.

DancingLady

I'm not afraid of the local police officers. They seem like pretty nice people. I heard about one cop who kind of had an attitude and liked to stop female drivers, but I have a feeling he was either let go or reprimanded and changed his behavior because I haven't heard about him in a couple of years. I'm sure they got a fair amount of complaints about him. Other than that one guy, I don't know of any problems here. My room mate has talked to a couple of cops about an issue we had around here and they were very nice and took the information to look into.

Profit5500

The cops in my region do not really communicate with the community very much. I do see them patrolling around but cannot always seem them making any friendly gestures towards people. The cops in my region would more likely respond to the scene of a accident or conduct a traffic stop pretty often.

Determined2014

I am not scared of police officers in my region, I am just cautious, some times you can not trust them, majority of them are trust worth but there is a small percentage that is crazy the ones that go all out and shoot randomly and end up killing themselves.

Gelsemium

Police officers from my area are not scary, but most of them aren't particularly helpful or friendly, I think that they could improve a little on that particular.

Patrick

The police officers in my area aren't corrupt, so I feel like I can trust them, I don't feel any fear or resentment towards them at all.

jeremy2

Our policemen/women are some of the best in this region.They stand out as real professionals, dedicated to their work and who frequently put their lives on the line to safeguard the lives of the ordinary citizens.

wameyo

Generally I'm not afraid of policemen in my local area, though I tend to tread carefully especially when I'm talking to them because there are those few who aren't rational. They can accuse you wrongly and you may end up in jail for a few days which is a very bad thing.

shreklock

You shouldn't be afraid of police officer, they're there to help you, not to scare you. I don't actually know any policeman in my area, except my neighbor, but he moved away recently.

shandrum

The police officers in my area are righteous people and we do not have the level of corruption that you hear about on the news. I am not afraid of the police in my area. I do have a great deal of respect for them. As, with our military, they put their life on the line each and every day.

januz101

Police officers in our state our not that scary. Maybe too bad guys they are since either you get arrested for doing something bad or you get shot at for being a threat. Anyway they keep law and order in the place and I respect them for that. They help and respect citizens too so I consider them an ally and not as a threat that you should be scared of.

megankl

No, I am not at all scared about police officers in my region. They keep us all safe and I appreciate them for that. As long as you are not doing anything illegal then you have no reason to be scared of them, and well if you are doing something illegal then you DESERVE to be scared of them. I will always appreciate and thank police officers when I see them!

Gin0710

No. They seem okay. The only time I had a problem with them was when a club accused my friend of having a fake ID and we tried to get help from them but they ignored us and went on talking about fishing. I love seeing tax dollars at work.

JoshPosh

Banned
I'm in the Philippines and you should be afraid of the police officers. All they do is sit around and wait for you to mess up so they can demand for a bribe. Trust me, that's how they are here in the Philippines.

No not at all. The ones that I have encountered in my area seem to be really nice and helpful. I have meet some that tried to scare you but out here they seem to be really fair and look out for the people out here. I even live a block away from a police station which makes me feel safe. I know several police officers live in my apartment complex and it is a nice feeling for me.

Morvack

I am sure officers in general are fantastic people. The officers in my town are extremely dirty, untrustworthy, and an insult to the badge. If they are going to protect me from the bad guys, who is going to protect me from them?

GlacialDoom

Nope. Police officers in here are pretty cool guys, and they're not brutal at all. They're also pretty lazy, so you don't really run into them very often, and even if you do, they joke a bit and let you go easily.

primalclaws1974

I am not afraid of officers in my small town. I have been afraid of officers in the past, however, in other places. I once had to walk across my capital city at night and the officers were shining flashlights directly in our faces on purpose. I also was pulled over once in the deep south. It was a very rural area, and who knows what that officer could have done? Luckily, in both cases nothing bad came of the interactions.

jeremy2

Police officers can sometimes be scary when dealing with people in their region or locality. But at times they are considered to be one of the best people to talk to as a human being. What is your opinion of police officers of your region?
Policemen in our locality are viewed with a lot of suspicion given the bad history of police brutality and corruption.So bad is the situation that you will often see little kids scampering for safety when they see the men in blue.The public have little faith in the police and the result has been the emergence of vigilante groups who are tasked with providing security.