Are you scared of police officers of your region?

Rainman

There's absolutely no reason why anyone should be scared of policemen if they haven't broken nor plan to break the law in future. That said, one of my family friends is a cop. Would you be afraid of your friend? When I was in the retail business some of my most loyal and best customers were cops. You should judge people only when you get to know them rather than just brand them as being bad or intimidating just because they are cops.

Gin0710

I have never broken the law and I don't plan on breaking the law. So I have nothing to be afraid of when it comes to the police. Although with some of the stories I've been hearing about how police have raped women after being called for help, that does scare me. It's hard to know who to trust these days.

Nate5

I live in Canada, and in my city, the officers are very nice and helpful. I don't frequently go up and talk to them because I'm worried I'll be bothering them in their patrols. The only times I've really talked to them were during traffic infractions, but I find that as long as I'm polite, they are also as well.

Muthoni

I do not know why I feel uneasy when I meet with police officers. Our government is trying to encourage neighborhood policing so that people can be more comfortable with police officers. In our area, police on duty carry AK 47 rifles. There was a time I was walking on a path and two policemen caught up with me as they made their rounds. They kept in step with me and even started a conversation. I must admit that they must have noticed how uncomfortable I was; they bid me a good day as they moved ahead.

stevesxs9

I don't have many interactions with the police in my area, but what I've noticed is that they are more friendlier to the people they know which is understandable.