Arkansas dad, baby found dead in woods

Anthony

Super Moderator
dadbabydead.jpg
After a five-day search, Yell County Sheriff's Department have confirmed that the bodies of the missing Greenwood man and his 10-month-old baby boy have been found.
Brian Alan Floyd, 33, and his 10-month-old son, Harper Alexander Floyd were located in a remote area of the Ouachita Mountains, authorities said.
Searchers found Harper's body around 1:30 p.m. about 700 feet from where searchers recovered the family's truck. They found Brian's body about an hour later.
"It's not the outcome we certainly had hoped for and our prayers and thoughts go out to the families involved," Yell County Sheriff Bill Gilkey said at a news conference.
Around 1:30 p.m. Friday, Brooke Floyd, Harper's mother, was found wandering alone on a remote road in the vicinity of Blue Mountain Lake by workers of the U.S Forest Service.
She told authorities she had become separated from Brian and Harper, which then led to the extensive search. Witnesses told authorities they saw all three family members together early Friday morning.
At the time, she looked "cut up and scarred as if she had been in a wooded area," Gilkey said.
Authorities said Brooke Floyd didn't initially cooperate with the search effort and was arrested over the weekend on the child endangerment. However she later led investigators to the family's vehicle.
Gilkey said Brooke has been released and was cooperating with investigators, adding they probably wouldn't have found the truck without her help.
Authorities are looking into the cause of death and also the circumstances that led to the family into the woods.
"Investigators are still trying to get to the bottom of what caused the separation," Gilkey said.
Authorities have not released any information if they consider Brooke Floyd a suspect or a victim.
"Right now, it's still the same; we're still in meetings, going back over everything that's happened since 1:30 p.m. last Friday," Gilkey said.
Both bodies have been sent to the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory in Little Rock.
Please check back for updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muthoni

I must tip my hat to the police on the remarkable work they do. It is so unfortunate when death occurs to a family that looks so full of life. Thankfully the police will get to the root of the matter to discover if Brooke could have killed her own son and the father of her son. May they rest in peace; my condolences goes to their loved ones.

kita

Hope that the police officers will get to the bottom of this incident. Sad that the mother seems to be a suspect here, if later on she will be proven innocent hopefully the murderers will be put behind bars. My prayers for the departed and those who they left behind.