Arming security guards in Kenya.

Ricardo187

Well I think private guards should be allowed to carry firearms as it grants them safety and makes their job more effective.

Shawn

I have many years of private security experience with some armed and doing the functions of "private police" type work. I am for armed security as long as it is needed but there really needs to be a good background screening as I have met a lot of security officers that I would not want to see packing a gun around with them!

bala

Kenya should increase their forces and shd be keen on improving security in places which are overcrowded..Al-shabaab is of no value there,these vermins should be eliminated from the face of earth..

PhilA

Personally I do not agree with armed security guards. I think it makes a situation escalate a lot quicker, this should b left down to the police to deal with.

bala

Personally I do not agree with armed security guards. I think it makes a situation escalate a lot quicker, this should b left down to the police to deal with.
I am sorry dude..but no offense..that doesn't look clear as an answer..I mean it would be nice if you can brief more..because there is a concern that they need to rise it a notch higher and here you are telling me it needn't be.I would love to consider your option too here..Quite different one..:p

DancingLady

I think they should evaluate whether or not arming the security guards will be a deterrent to crime, or an added risk to innocent bystanders. Guns can be extremely dangerous and even lethal to innocent people if a situation got out of hand. I personally think I would feel less comfortable shopping in a mall that had armed security, but I have not lived in an area where violet crime was a frequent occurrence. If I lived in such a place, I might think differently, and I would certainly go out less often either way.

Profit5500

Unfortunately it seems that the mall in Kenya which ever mall it is has lack of protection. If these security officers were to be armed they would need to be trained appropriately before going into action. Security officers don't really have the same training as police officers but I am not sure how much police presence Kenya really has.