Baltimore Gangs Team Up To Take Out Police Officers

Rainman

Two wrongs don't make a right. Sure the black community in Baltimore has good reasons to be angry but won't plans to kill cops further divide the community along racial lines?

Baltimore police say, various gangs in the city are teaming up so they can take out police officers.

In December, the Baltimore FBI office issued a memo that the Black Guerrilla Family gang was targeting "white cops" in Maryland, an agency spokeswoman confirmed.

Baltimore Sun

And how will this [plans to kill white cops] solve the problems which ought to be addressed?

lushlala

This is just frustrating! It seems to be a vicious cycle that shows no sign of ending. I'm not sure what it'll take to bring to a halt this tit-for-tat mentality. I'm speechless! The thing that's even more worrying is that they are targeting White police officers. This will definitely not help race relations in any way. In a country where you have a melting pot of different races and cultures, it's such a shame to see this still happen in this day and age :(

dyanmarie25

Obviously, that would not solve the problem on racism. It would just worsen things up. Honestly, I'm getting tired of hearing such news about racial discrimination attacks. When will people live in peace? When will we have equality? No matter what you are, black, white, or oriental, you are still a human. Stop harassing one another.

Gabe

It's sad that the media assist in reporting this. Racial tensions will always exist, but will be more intense in certain areas. I hope that people can see past it all and work together at some point. This behavior doesn't help, nor does it create justice.

mairj23

This is exactly what need to be happening. Cops don't care about black lives and it's time for blacks to start not caring about police lives. I think the people of Baltimore should take it farther and do organized hits. Matter of fact, the whole country should start retaliating. I bet those crooked cops will think twice before murdering someone in cold blood again.

Josie

Sadly, it's personal.. everything going on over there is just an excuse to finally jump. It helps nothing.. just makes matters worse. Not that they care..

JoanMcWench

I'm having a hard time believing it was a group of gangs that came together to take down the police. A very hard time believing this. Most of the images & video I've seen speaks to a lot of teenagers looting, breaking, & burning things. Are the police trying to imply these are teenage gangs plotting against them? was this discovery made on their Facebook pages? I don't like the way it was portrayed or handled by the police in Baltimore. As if there were some deep rooted conspiracy & that's why they couldn't answer calls for help in these stores or by the people working there being attacked in the street.

Rainman

I suppose the police officers didn't expect that the Crips and and Bloods would ever work together and seeing them join the protests [together] made the cops question their intentions.

Cops don't care about black lives and it's time for blacks to start not caring about police lives.
Not all cops are RACIST. And in any case, even if a cop was racist and hasn't done anything wrong, why should they be killed? Racism is a social issue which can't be fixed by the police. It's up to the communities themselves to deal with it, if they want to. "Not caring" about cops lives = killing white cops, would only make things worse — we are talking about race wars on the streets.

Whitewolf2578

There is like no proof that he was killed in cold blood, yet people are saying that they should kill cops. Whelp, this might be worse than the Zombie apocalypse. This whole thing has nothing to do with the color of someones skin, it's just a stupid excuse for people to get all riled up and trash the city. The National Guard came in, if retarded gangs get involved they are going to stop using rubber bullets and start mowing people down. And I doubt the gangs could take on military that is going to get called in if they start acting stupid. They are acting like this guy was some famous dude.

Josie

No, they're acting like this is yet another life taken by police. It's going too far and people are angry and overwhelmed and scared.. as they should be. Cops are above the law and it has to end. They are abusing their power and hurting the very people they are to protect and serve. Even if someone is a criminal, the cops aren't their judge and jury.. that isn't their job and even a judge and jury won't physically abuse someone for what they've done. It's sick. But I agree.. riots are an excuse. To get stupid and steal things. What started it all is valid though.. imo

wikdfury

I still do not think this is a race issue. I really think that it is about class-ism mixed with limited training and over worked police. I do not want to be ruled by military but I do want to see police officers given more training to help deal with difficult situations. I think we need to have body cameras on all police and in transport vehicles and holding cells so there is full transparency.

This Baltimore case is going to really reflect poorly on police force and I hope we are able to reflect back and see that not all police are like the ones that were involved in this crime. I feel horribly for Freddie and his family and I hope they find peace.

Also, it really don't make any sense for them to target white police, it was a black police officer that killed Freddie. They made this a race issue when it was not.