Best exercises for reflexes?

diecarmona

I'm an aspiring polie officer, and I know how important reflexes are on the job (it could mean life or death in many situations). I was wondering if there are any exercises/activities you do which include training your reflexes. I've been looking to improve myself in any way possible to protect my life when I'm on the job, but I can't find anything about training reflexes.

Patrick

I don't know any exercises which specifically train reflexes, but I would suggest going for martial arts classes to train your reactions by sparring. Also perhaps playing fast-paced sports like badminton and rugby to train your hand-eye coordination and decision making.

Teens In Crisis

There is the double double end bag which helps you with body shots as well as head shots. However, for rapid reflexes you want to work on the single double end bag as it bounces back and forth at a faster pace.

JoshPosh

Banned
besides regular cardio workouts, I would also train in plyometrics. Plyometrics is a series of exercises that works the fast twitch portions of your muscles. That enables better reaction time and explosive muscle movements.