Bones in your yard?

Rhoda D'Ettore

Did you ever find bones in your yard, or think there was a body there?

I was on the phone talking to my mom, looking out to the creek behind my house. My 100 pound dog was digging and digging near the water. It grabbed my interest, and then all of a sudden, a huge bone came from the earth. I looked like a femur from where I was standing. I shouted to my mother, telling her the dog found a body. Who knows? The creek led out to the Delaware River. It could have floated in from Philadelphia.

By the time my mom got there, I realized it was a dog bone. My mom's response, "Oh yeah. I gave that to her about six months ago and haven't seen it since".

bala

Jeez..i would freak out if ever i saw one..well at least i never have had to,but if i did i sure would because it sure is scary..it leads me to thoughts on black magic and dark matter..or whatever.
it often signifies evil stuff in my religion.

missamanda819

When I was a child, I wanted to be an archaeologist. So, I would dig around all the time - not really knowing what I was looking for. I did find bones one time, but they were really small - pretty sure it was some chicken bones or something. I'm assuming one of our dogs buried them. If I ever found human bones, I'm sure I would have freaked out.

Profit5500

I would not be surprised if the bone floated from Philly. I never encountered a bone in the yard. If I were to find a bone I would have to call the cops.

jeremy2

You must've freaked out when you saw the bone,right? When i was six years old, i found dried bones inside our store room when playing with my buddies. I was scared stiff and we all ran out in horror. It turned out that they were the remains of our kitten that had disappeared two months ago.

caparica007

That's scary, I can't even imagine if it was something human, your garden would be a total mess with the police around.

shandrum

Wow!!! You had me for a moment. I would have jumped right to the phone and called the police and made a huge fool out of myself. Well, at least you called your mom and she was able to explain the bone. That's great news, but I bet you were a little on edge for a while!!!! Oh, I have never found a bone in my yard- I guess that is a good thing!!!!

Onionman

I think I probably would have been a little worried. You hear about all sorts of things being found in gardens these days. Thankfully your situation wasn't as scary as it could have been!

januz101

Luckily I haven't found any bones in our backyard. We did some major renovations in our yard, added a new shelter and of course there was digging too. No unusual things or bones were burried for that matter. I would definitely freak out if we found any. Imagine your yard being a crime scene and cops will definitely swarm all over our place.

DancingLady

That would be really freaky to find bones in your yard. I'm glad it turned out to be a dog bone your pet had just buried. I would hate to have something like that happen. Even if it turned out to be something from a very long time ago they would probably get all curious and destroy the yard looking for information, just to get information.

Determined2014

No, never found bones in my yard and I do hope that I never find any, that would be scary ,especially not knowing how the bones got there, if they were human bones, it might mean there is a muderer in the neighbourhood.

Rhoda D'Ettore

I was freaked. In one of my books I wrote about a true story where I buried my friend's dog. Years later, my nephew and his friend somehow found the bones of the dog. They thought they were sticks and were playing air guitar. When I told them the truth, the two 8 yr olds threw them down and started screaming! lol

shreklock

I don't know if it counts, but my grandfather once found a rather big skull of some animal while he was hunting. Just the head, no body bones or something. Later he pulled the teeth out of the skull and made a necklace.

bala

God..already sounds freaky on hearing.I would be frightened to say the least.I can't think of what i would do.I already am having weird thoughts.

FuZyOn

I've never found bones in my yard. Frankly, I didn't search for them exclusively but still.
It would be quite a scary experience. I think I would freak out for a little bit thinking what happened in my courtyard and why are bones in my courtyard.

Peachdejour

I might have tinkled a little and grabbed my sage. I don't think there are any more bones in my yard than what my dog has buried, but I would hate to find some human bones knowing that there could be some unfinished business we just dug up. It would also freak out my 8-year-old also. It's already hard enough to convince her that zombies aren't real.

JoanMcWench

No, not really. At least not human bones. When I started gardening I was turning dirt over in the yard & found a box with bones in it & based on the collar inside I realized it was just a cat someone buried. Based on the holes on the sides of the shoebox it seemed that something had a tasting party years back.

Shimus

I have, but it turned out to be animal bones upon further examination. I put them back. I do believe them to be a domestic animal like a dog or cat, and it feels wrong to disturb their remains because they belonged to another family.

dyanmarie25

No, I haven't found any bone in our backyard yet, and if I ever found bones or a body, I would totally freak out. But that seems a bit cool, I would love to know or somehow solve the mystery as to why there are bones in our backyard, it's kind of interesting to investigate as well.