Boredom

Rosyrain

What do you all do when you or bored or need to change things around in your life so it is not so routine all of the time. I have been struggling with a lot of boredom recently. The weather is cold so I can't go out and do all of the fun outdoor activities I enjoy, and I work a lot, so it makes it hard to go out and make new friends. What do you do to make yourself "un-bored?"

Rhoda D'Ettore

I write novels. It helps me dive into a whole new world and leave reality for a little while. I have written three paperbacks, four audiobooks and a dozen ebooks this year. I was really bored being sick most of the year, so I put my time to good use.

Kittyworker

Well, I have a number of hobbies that keep me busy. Sometimes when I get bored of one I just switch to another. I read a lot, comics, fantasy novels, historical fiction... that's something I never really get tired of because each book (series) is different to others and there are so many different stories to be read. I'm a bit of a gamer and tend to only play games that have a lot of replayability, games that change with each session. I love sports, football (not soccer), rugby, ice hockey, cricket, lacrosse ... yes I know thats a weird selection of sports. I love playing them, I love watching them, I love reading about them.

missbishi

I get really bored at this time of year too. The darker days are pretty gloomy anyhow, but when you can't go out and do anything because it's too cold you end up going stir crazy. I try to throw myself into my work when this happens. I have decided that I am going to have a vacation this year, even if it's only for 3-4 days. Therefore, I need to make as much money as I can.

shilpa123

When I get bored, I usually do not prefer to talk about it and instead, I prefer to read novels or do something that would take my mind away. I usually hate being a part of boring group.

mrsbright

Think of something you always wanted to learn/ achieve. Then work towards that, it'll keep you busy and make you grow. Boredom can be a force to push yourself to be more productive and creative. Use it. Learn to carve wood or to program apps; learn a new language or a new subject; work on a goal that you've been thinking about for some time now but haven't committed to doing. These are the things that'll keep you interested and the kind of "boredom killer" that matters (vs playing games and browsing useless stuff).

LitoLawless

I like to watch movies that I haven't seen yet. If I get really bored then I tend to go for walks, or go out into New York (I live in New Jersey) and just explore. These things tend to keep me relatively entertained.

mrsbright

Hahha for someone living in the middle of nowhere, I really wish I could just "go out into New York" whenever I would be bored! XD

Rosyrain

Well I just bought a puzzle for my daughter and I to work on. Might as well keep my mind occupied when there is nothing to do. I plan to take a vacation this summer as well so I have been working my rear end off trying to make some extra money. Not too impressed with the results this month so far, but I have a lot of time left to work. I talked to my mom on the phone and that helped out, I think I was just in one of those moods.

ally79

A lot of times when I am bored I will try and pick up a new hobby. However, since I have had kids and started working from home there isn't a whole lot of time for me to be bored most days!

DancingLady

I do Middle Earth role play on Twitter. There are always new people to meet, new additions to the fandom. It's a lot of fun.

Shimus

I play console games such as Destiny, Minecraft, Terraria... all on Xbox 360. xX Shimus Xx is my username, if anyone likes to game.

Muthoni

I love sleeping so if I have nothing to do; I climb into bed and listen to the radio while I am under the covers. I never realize when I fall asleep. I love reading and I can read while I am in bed. I enjoy the sleep that comes by. I also like browsing the net and there are so many things to see that I am not bored anymore.

bala

I often take a stroll around the park or play games online.it is all at the moment tasks that crop up when i am busy.I don't like being idle,so i do something or the other to keep myself engaged.

jeremy2

I usually play indoor game such as chess or pokers with my buddies.Other than that i surf the net or turn to social media to catch up with my friends.

shilpa123

Boredom can eat you up a lot and I believe it can get quite serious if your not actually working on anything. I am sure the best way to get rid of boredom is to learn to live and make lots and lots of friends.

primalclaws1974

What do you all do when you or bored or need to change things around in your life so it is not so routine all of the time. I have been struggling with a lot of boredom recently. The weather is cold so I can't go out and do all of the fun outdoor activities I enjoy, and I work a lot, so it makes it hard to go out and make new friends. What do you do to make yourself "un-bored?"

I am too busy with online work and a family to be bored. But I can say that I am ready for a change of pace. Our tax return money will soon be here, and I am hoping I can talk the wife into going away for the weekend. I like to go to places we have never been, but since we travel a fair amount, that means driving pretty far, and she doesn't like to do that. I guess I will do some research and try to find some decent things to do/place to stay within a couple hour's drive.

bala

I have felt bored sometimes and i resorted to some activity or the other to chuck boredom out of the equation.I hate being idle and resort to anything to get it off.
Most common ones being cleaning up my room or taking a stroll outside.Any sort of diversion would do.