Cake Boss Buddy Valastro Charged With DWI

Anthony

Super Moderator
BuddyValastro.jpg
The star of TLC’s reality series "Cake Boss," Buddy Valastro was arrested early Thursday morning and charged with DWI.
Valastro, 37, is famous for his elaborate cakes at his family-owned Hoboken, New Jersey bakery, Carlo's Bakery.
Valastro was charged with driving drunk on Manhattan's west side early Thursday, police said.
Valastro was pulled over by police around 1:00a.m. after they spotted him driving his yellow 2014 Corvette traveling on 10th Avenue erratically.
When police asked him to get out of his vehicle they said he was unsteady on his feet. He failed a number of field sobriety tests and was taken into custody.
According to the report, Valastro allegedly blew a .09 blood alcohol content, the legal limit is .08.
According to officials, Valestro shouted, “You can’t arrest me! I’m the Cake Boss!†Valestro also told police, “I’m a good guy,†adding, “Can you just put me in a cab? I don’t have to be arrested, I’m not a bad guy.â€
[video=youtube_share;54oyrZBvNpE]http://youtu.be/54oyrZBvNpE[/video]
Valastro was arraigned later Thursday afternoon in Manhattan Criminal Court and released on his own recognizance. He did not enter a plea.
Valastro later released a statement to the press.
"To all my family, friends, fans and supporters, please know that I want to share and explain to you what happened today and I look forward to doing so at a later date. I appreciate your support and understanding as we handle things privately as a family."

Last edited by a moderator:

shandrum

I hate to hear this- my son use to always watch his show when he was younger. I hope it all works out and he learns from this lesson that you should never drink and drive.

Gelsemium

Celebrities some times think they are above the law, but they are not. Drink and drive is a very serious matter.

Sweetheart

It is kind of a big thing with the famous chefs to drink. Julia Child and whoever. You don't need to be a brain surgeon or rocket scientist to know that driving a yellow sports car in NYC is going to get some attention. Maybe some publicity stunt that is easy to get the police to help out with. Who knows with these people. Certainly got him on the news. Maybe he wants to be like Lindsey Lohan.