Calls 911 for a Date

Rhoda D'Ettore

A Florida man called 911 several times, and eventually asked the dispatcher for a date. He also said he wanted help to get off alcohol and refused to go back to his last rehab because it was "like jail". Well.... guess what? He's in a real jail now!

STUPID people!

DancingLady

Well, sounds like he just found out he really, really has a problem and is going to have to deal with it for real this time.

Determined2014

How silly! he wanteed jail and got it, I wonder what he thought rehab was going to be like, maybe he thought it was a place to do whatever he wanted to, let him sit in jail that way he can identify the difference between jail and rehab.

Popcorn365

This is either a major attention seeker or someone that really needs help of some kind and didn't know how to get it. I never know what to think when I hear about this type of thing.

Rhoda D'Ettore

It is illegal to tie up emergency services for non-emergency reasons. By calling into 911 for trivial matters, you could be preventing someone else from getting help. I remember reading a few years ago that Texas tried to charge a prank caller with involuntary manslaughter when someone died due to delay of services. That case was dropped though.

Patrick

It is illegal to tie up emergency services for non-emergency reasons. By calling into 911 for trivial matters, you could be preventing someone else from getting help. I remember reading a few years ago that Texas tried to charge a prank caller with involuntary manslaughter when someone died due to delay of services. That case was dropped though.
This. Emergency services should never be abused for anything besides that, you might be causing someone else who needs the attention of the dispatcher to not be heard in time. It's good that the man was jailed, a stern message needs to be sent to all who think that this is just a harmless prank.

Onionman

Some people really have to get their priorities sorted out. Hopefully while he's in jail he'll have a rethink about whether rehab makes sense or not.

Gin0710

Sounds psychotic to me. He should be in a mental hospital. Oh but they shut those down and now prisons are over-crowded and making crazy people even more crazy so they stay in prison longer. Gotta love the system.

Rainman

It serves the man right.

People never seem to learn. In September a man called 911 to report bogus emergencies so paramedics could show up at his home. He said that he was lonely and wanted someone to talk too. They made sure he'd have plenty of people to talk to in jail.

If people are so lonely or badly need people to talk to why don't they join clubs or something where they'll get to meet and talk to people who may actually be interested in hearing what they have to say instead of calling 911 and end up in prison?

Nate5

It's amazing how many people misuse 911. I heard on the news a few weeks ago of a woman that called 911 for non-emergencies so much that they finally banned her from calling 911, and only her relatives can call for her. She probably cost many lives and wasted so much money and time. There are other phone services you can use!

ally79

I'll bet that he feels differently about how his rehab facility was like "jail" in a week or two. Some people are just too stupid for words. I do hope that he gets the help that he needs though.

Whitewolf2578

You can go to jail for calling 911 for anything but an emergency. It is kind of stupid, but they are doing a job and the line is being tied up but this smart guy. I have noticed this, but is it just me or is the 911 dispatcher always a woman? I don't think I have ever had a man pick up my 911 calls.

Kamarsun1

That was just dumb, Calling 911 for no emergency is a no no. People just don't think. That bottle can cause people to do some pretty stupid things.

LitoLawless

This is freaking hilarious! Why would anyone even think of doing that. I would love to see this story re-enacted in a skit somewhere. It would be pretty funny.

sillylucy

What a loser and a creep! I am glad that the dispatcher got someone to go over to his house and arrest him. He was harassing her and abusing the system. I hate to think that he is tying up the line for a date when people had real emergencies.

shilpa123

I believe that is the funniest and the weirdest idea I ever heard. And who knows it can be best to think that police officer that you meet can be the cutest you have ever met. I think it is really worth a try and could be great fun. I will definitely give it a try.

weepforsweep

I can imagine the call being something hilarious. My call would be I have an emergency. My heart is broken and only you can fix it.