Can I have a career as a police officer if I have tattoos?

Kootzg

It depends on the nature of the tattoo, you are not allowed to have swear words, nudity, obscene, gang signs or affiliations. They are evaluated on a case by case basis. If hired, a person with tattoos must ensure that the tattoos are not visible to the public while they are on duty.

What about tattoos on your knuckles, you can't really cover those up. Would they only allow you to join if you remove them?

bala

It depends dude.They have different policies pertaining to tattoos. Some police departments require that all tattoos be completely covered by the uniform of the day.Check with the department where you are interested in working before getting a tattoo.
You are an officer and it wouldn't befit that title if you have tattoos,just my 2 cents..!!

It really depends on where your tattoos are and what they are of. Best to have someone in the field check you out and tell you if you should get rid of some or not.

askanison

I have a friend that works for local PD with tattoos but his can be hidden by his uniform. I would imagine as long as you don't have something vulgar it wouldn't be a problem. Many companies out there have loosened the regulations about having tattoos because they are very popular now. There's probably more soccer moms with tats now than bikers ;)