Canadian Police Foil Shooting Plot

Rainman

The conspirators, in Halifax, Canada planned to go to a public avenue and indiscriminately shoot and kill ANYONE. They expected that couples out to celebrate Valentine's day wouldn't be expecting blood and death making them relatively easy targets. After the mass murders the suspects intended to commit suicide to avoid prosecution.

The suspects . . . were apparently obsessed with killing and death and had many photos of mass killings
BBC News - Canada Halifax: Police say they foiled shooting plot

Great work done by the Canadian cops.

Waynefire

I seen this on the news today. I cannot believe that someone would want to do that in Canada of all places. I would believe in the United States this would be more common place, but with all the terrorism in the world today I have learned that nothing should shock me. What is even worse is Canada and that portion of Canada where they foiled the plot seems so peaceful.

Patrick

It's great to see some news of a shooting being foiled, in light of the many recent shootings which unfortunately weren't prevented in time. As said it's really shocking that this would be in Canada of all places, it's generally regarded as a pretty safe and peaceful country as far as I know.

missbishi

So it appears that they were lunatics rather than terrorists. Hopefully, there'll be more details released soon as I'd love to know how the cops discovered the plan.

mrsbright

White people are always called lunatics rather than terrorists... Hah.

But I'm pretty happy it was stopped and nobody got hurt.

By the way, Canadians are no angels... It might be a "safe country" relatively, but it's still plenty of crimes, organized or not, happening all over the place. I'm not sure how this is particularly shocking.

missbishi

White people are always called lunatics rather than terrorists... Hah.

Good point! In any case, one of them was from Illinois, so it wasn't an all - Canadian affair! I suppose wherever there are extremists (of any type!) or drugs, there is going to be crime.

Shimus

Just goes to show there are nutbar whackjobs anywhere ya go. I couldn't even believe they'd plot it beforehand if they just were going to commit suicide no matter where and what they did. If you premeditate something you don't plan to live through it's a waste of resources. That just means they wanted to be found.