Changes in citizens' attitudes

kana_marie

Banned
Since the police have been getting all this bad press concerning murdering unarmed people, even though that's just a handful of bad cops and not the majority, have you seen a drastic change in how people react to you? I'm not going to lie to you. The blatant racism has made it so that when I got pulled over in Nashville with my black friend,Greg, in the car I was a little more nervous than I used to be.

Rainman

The media blows everything out of proportion IMO.

Sensationalism gets their stories read so exaggerating stuff including how people no longer trust cops, fear them, etc, etc is something they'll do from time to time. I believe that the people's attitudes towards cops haven't changed much except maybe in Ferguson and a few other places where people have a right to be angry at the police. Otherwise in many other places, the fact that cops protect almost everyone is not a debatable fact. And for that reason they still get the respect they deserve.

JoanMcWench

No, there is something to the racism. Sometimes it's conscious & other times unconscious but it exists. The darker you are the more 'suspicious' you apparently look. Also, the colour of prisons in America speaks to this issue a little more glaringly.