Character alignment

IshieVonDyson

Where would you all consider yourselves to fit on the character alignment grid? For those of you who play or have played RPGs, do you/did you like to play the same alignment you identify with IRL, or something completely different?

I’m definitely in the neutral sector. Most likely neutral good, though I’ve had my lawful neutral phases as well. But over the years I’ve become less concerned with preserving order or sticking to a specific code of conduct, and more concerned with defining and refining my own morals, my own idea of goodness. Room for error, if you will.

I’ve also learned I don’t mix well IRL with those who identify with the chaotic sector. I actually love reading about chaotic neutral-esque characters, and it’s a fun alignment to play when I want to shake things up. However, it’s one of those “fun on paper, hell in practice†things for me.

Whitewolf2578

Well on paper I usually like to play Lawful Good, but in real life I am Chaotic Neutral all the way due to the fact I am not perfect and like to be able to choose from both sides of the spectrum without hesitation. There really is no way to play Lawful Good in real life, because no one can be that good.

IshieVonDyson

I’d have to say I agree, I don’t think there’s a single person in this world who’s Lawful Good. And if they try to be, they may find themselves falling into Lawful Stupid more often than not. Have had more than one run-in with that type over the years, haha.

bala

I ain't go beyond the neutral "term".As everyone is,most likely the neutral good,but sometimes the imbecile in me wakes up and thta should count to neutral stupidity too.

IshieVonDyson

I actually got lawful good on that test, lol wut. 33.3% lawful, 40-something good. Gave me a laugh. Probably the lawful-good-wannabes I’ve run into would have tested over 50% lawful.

GlacialDoom

I usually play as the Neutral Good, and I'd like to think that I am Neutral Good in real life too. Sometimes, when I replay a game, I'll try to go Chaotic Evil just to see how it feels and how the story changes because of my evil choices.

oraclemay

I have never heard of this. I sup[pose it is because I am in a different country. I am going to try it out as it does sound interesting.