9. Dallas | 154
10. Memphis | 133
11. Oakland | 126
12. Phoenix | 124
13. St. Louis | 113
14. Kansas City | 105
15. Indianapolis | 101

cjdatk

Soon Orlando Florida will be on that list unless they whitewash it so they can keep families going to the happiest place on earth

DoxxAndRobbers

The gun crime is horrible out there, even with the heavy restrictions on handguns and the collection by the state and police. Kind of have to wonder where it's all coming from and why it's so bad up there. I mean Chicago's definitely got its shady sides but that's still a lot.

bala

I know that Chicago and Illinois have the toughest gun laws in the country,despite that how do all these crimes crop up..?Looks like the gun laws need to be made a notch tougher.For whatever reason, the Chicago Police Department isn't solving murders,they have only a 25% clearance rate as compared to 60 odd in New york.

jimdurran

Making the guns laws tougher than they are now doesn't work. Law abiding citizens are the ones that need the guns to protect themselves. Who cares if the gang members want to shoot one another, let them do so. Hopefully they'll kill each other off. CRIMINALS NO MATTER WHAT WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE GUNS AND GET THEM ANYTIME THEY WANT

Profit5500

Chicago I am not surprised they are high up there. I watch the show "48 Hours" on A&E and they always have homicide there or in Detroit. It is just restless nights there for the homicide detectives.

ic3squid

Yep, things are pretty bad down there. If only there was a lot of media coverage, then the general public would know lots more about the bad things that are happening down there, it's seriously horrible.

bradyjim86

I wonder how long it will take for Orlando Florida to show up on that list. I hear that there are several killings a week. But I guess they don't want anyone to know that information because it may scare people away from all of the attractions

Kate

Parts of this list truly surprise me! Well, the first three are not actually surprising, but their order is. I was thinking Philadelphia would be higher on the list. Am I wrong, or didn't that used to be 1st or maybe 2nd on the list?

Not sure why, but Phoenix... now that surprises me.

Considering I have a family member in Dallas and another who just moved to Chicago a couple of weeks ago, I'm kinda wishing I hasn't seen this list!

Oh, and I saw a few of the posts here mention Orlando. I hadn't realized that, either. Is it just particular areas in the city, or overall?

askanison

I have friends in Chicago and they have told me many times that there are parts of the city that you just don't go to.

Well unless you are a crackhead or hooker. It is sad that gun crime is on a serious rise again. I am surprised Memphis is

10 on the list. We have tons of shootings every day it seems.

cjdatk

Parts of this list truly surprise me! Well, the first three are not actually surprising, but their order is. I was thinking Philadelphia would be higher on the list. Am I wrong, or didn't that used to be 1st or maybe 2nd on the list?

Not sure why, but Phoenix... now that surprises me.

Considering I have a family member in Dallas and another who just moved to Chicago a couple of weeks ago, I'm kinda wishing I hasn't seen this list!

Oh, and I saw a few of the posts here mention Orlando. I hadn't realized that, either. Is it just particular areas in the city, or overall?

Yea, it's true about Orlando. Orlando takes up most of Orange County. The Orlando Metro area has over 2 Million people living there. There is widespread unemployment and welfare benefit handouts. Home Invasions are terrible, just yesterday someone broke into a persons house and the homeowner shot them

Profit5500

Yea, it's true about Orlando. Orlando takes up most of Orange County. The Orlando Metro area has over 2 Million people living there. There is widespread unemployment and welfare benefit handouts. Home Invasions are terrible, just yesterday someone broke into a persons house and the homeowner shot them
I thought LA was bad but I guess that is an understatement. That is really horrible for the homeowner hope that he is not in jail for murder. I remember something happening in Florida where a woman was arrested for firing a warning shot in the ceiling in her own apartment because of her abusive boyfriend.

stevesxs9

That's something to think about when a city has strict gun laws, and still be among the most murders in the nation. This seems to indicate that the state of mind of the people is at the root of the problem. And until this problem is met head on, you will not see a significant drop in murders unfortunately.