Child Murderer Up for Parole

Rhoda D'Ettore

Mary Beth Tinning will be up for parole in January, her fifth parole hearing thus far. She was convicted of killing her 4 mo old baby. She was never charged in killing her other seven children---including an adopted son.

Over 14 yrs, this woman systematically killed her children. The doctors thought it was some sort of genetic disorder, that is, until her adopted son died also.

This woman is the epitome of Munchausen Syndrome and as far as I'm concerned, she should have been execute 20 years ago.

olivia

She needs to be sterilized so that she can't bring anymore children into this world to murder them. It is just beyond awful that she has killed eight of her children.

Onionman

She's clearly a very sick woman. It's frightening that she could possibly get parole. There should be no parole for that kind of crime. Hopefully the Justice Department will see sense.

dolittle94

Mary Beth Tinning will be up for parole in January, her fifth parole hearing thus far. She was convicted of killing her 4 mo old baby. She was never charged in killing her other seven children---including an adopted son.

Over 14 yrs, this woman systematically killed her children. The doctors thought it was some sort of genetic disorder, that is, until her adopted son died also.

This woman is the epitome of Munchausen Syndrome and as far as I'm concerned, she should have been execute 20 years ago.
From what I just heard, I going to have to agree with you. What's the point of all the trials, and PAROLE?! The women should just be put down for manslaughter for her others and her own good.

DancingLady

She should not get parole, she should serve life. I would not advocate for capitol punishment unless she was determined to be sane, but if she has a mental illness and that is why she did it she should be in a mental institution.

Profit5500

How could this woman not have been charged for the murders of the other seven children? Now they are finally charging her with the murder of her 4 month old baby. I mean she is a complete nutcase that needs to be eradicated.

Josie

Um, no. No execution, no sterilization.. just keep her behind bars! What is wrong with people and a system that think it's ok to keep people locked up for saying boo to the government, but open the gates and set free child murderers??? You can open the newspaper every day and see yet another monster set free while less heinous people are left to rot and soak up tax dollars. It's disgusting.

Patrick

I agree with life imprisonment for such a heinous crime, parole should not even be considered for criminally insane people like these.

thegrey1

She is NOT sick, but evil. Also I think sterilization is too little, too late.It would be nice if she had been forcibly sterilized as soon as the case was proven against her. That's the only instance where I can justify forced sterilization. I agree that she should have been executed! Calling these people "sick " just allows them to garner more pity and attention, which is what motivates them to commit these crimes in the first place.

Gabe

Her parole bid failed again and it probably will the next time as they seem to keep trying every few years. I think prison is safer for her anyhow given the public backlash. Despite this her husband still stands by her.

thegrey1

He parole bid failed again and it probably will the next time as they seem to keep trying every few years. I think prison is safer for her anyhow given the public backlash. Despite this her husband still stands by her.
I know this sounds mean, but I just don't understand how a spouse can "stand by" a child killer! Any other murder could be rationalized away by some people, but murdering your children...or any child? I don't get it!

Rainman

She should have been sentenced to life in prison with no option of parole. That they should even consider parole for someone who murdered children is way beyond absurd. 8 dead but still . . .

Supposing they set her free and she kills someone else who would be blamed for it?

Gelsemium

I totally agree with that Rainman, so she kills 8 children and she's up for parole, is this some sort of a joke? She should spend the rest of her life behind bars or else she will kill again.

stevesxs9

It's sad how people can keep killing and somehow can't be seen for the monster they really are. If this woman is guilty of these killings, she has no business living another minute.

JoanMcWench

It's pretty safe to say she won't be seeing the outside of a prison in her lifetime. Parole hearings have become meaningless in high profile cases. Just a way of adhering to the law without taking it seriously. Look at Manson. How many parole hearings has HE had? She did a horrible thing to a bunch of defenseless children but if it's a mental issue of some sort she didn't get the help she needed to avoid a situation like this. That's the most depressing part of the story: It was preventable.

dyanmarie25

This news made me remember Andrea Yates who is convicted for drowning all her five children to death.

I'm not in favor of this parole for Mary Beth Tinning; she must rot in jail. I think she have had suffered from Postpartum Depression which ultimately triggered her to kill her children. I know she needs some help, but a person like her is just too evil.

bala

WTH did i read now..? How could she even think of killing her own child.This ain't a disorder right.?
She should be convicted for life because it is an unforgivable crime.SENTENCE FOR LIFE..!!

Determined2014

Well she should not be given a chance at all, I am not being mean, but rather considerate, because she is a threat to the society, she could be steralized, but at the same time we see that she killed her step child, which means she can or will kill any child that comes her way.

missbishi

She's certainly safer behind bars isn't she. I bet there would be quite a few people lining up to take a pop at her if she were ever to be released.

Executions have been proven time and time again to cost much more public money that life without parole does. She was initially sentenced to 20 years - life but the parole boards find that she has no real insight into her crimes so refuse to set her free. So I think it's highly unlikely she'll be back on the streets any time soon.

Shimus

"Up for Parole" doesn't mean she'll get it either. A lot of the parole board could still look at this the same way we are - she shouldn't. Even if she is reformed, that means she'll only have another chance to murder away. Again, it could mean she's truly rehabilitated too. Can't have one without the other, to be certain. However, there are so few cases of true rehab that I can safely remain a skeptic and just lean towards the "no, leave her rotting" switch.