Coca-Cola apologizes for offensive bottle cap message

JTliams

The disgruntled coke employee on the graveyard shift is putting different combos of words to piss as many people off as possible so he can get back on days.

JayeeDolo

Yeah it was most likely someone who was probably on the verge of getting laid off getting back at the company one last time. I don't think someone playing a joke would take it that far knowing they could possibly lose their job.

bala

What kind of thinking is that? No one deserves that kind of talk.Shame on Coca cola.
it was even baffling to note how they were convincing "retard" as late in french...

Aleyah

The Coca Cola company should definitely learn from this unfortunate incident. I hope they find & discontinue the person from with the company for good. I also think that family should receive some kind of compensation for what they received as a reminder of their unfortunate trails that they've been handed with mental retardation. God bless the Father who took charge to show his girls that he would never let nothing & no one hurt them. A father like that is desired & adored by many.

rgrimes

Well, shame on them for letting that pass through their production line. I don't even like them in the first place, I think their drinks are too sugary and they taste horrible.

halberg

Does anyone actually need this as an excuse not to drink the poison that they put inside these bottles. Just drink water stop wasting your money

Determined2014

That is not nive are at all, why dont they just fire that person, instead of getting them on the right shift, but I guess they would have to change the shift in order to identify who that employee really is, then fire him or her.

Profit5500

That is just immature this employee just needs to grow up. You should be at least glad you got a job in the first place. I have been applying my but off and still have not got anything. Those messages were a waste of time and shows that he did not think this clearly.

Peninha

I agree, totally irresponsible from him to place those messages, maybe he didn't found his job stimulating enough, but he should have been fired.

Muthoni

It is so unfortunate that the people given responsibility to get something done do not respect their work. There are people around the world who are so desperate for work. The person responsible for the offensive messages is a miserable person whose purpose is to make innocent people miserable.

dostava

It's very unfortunate that a member of a family with special-care-requiring members found this printed on her bottle cap. I imagine they did in fact feel offended and I'm sorry to hear that. Good on the company for actually apologizing and explaining their case, though.
I would find if funny if I found this written on my drink, I must admit!

dyanmarie25

Very immature of that employee who did this. Where did his manners and values go? If you're given a job, be professional and responsible, not childish.

donnalynn47

Well I personally don't think it's that big on a deal. Maybe they did it to see if people would notice. At least it wasn't laced with anything. In this day, and age that would be my concern.

oraclemay

Regardless of what we may think, this is still the most popular drink worldwide and to think they only sold something like 25 bottles in their first year. Persistence paid off and now coke can even be found in the bush shops in Africa. I know this is an unhealthy drink and I am cautious but such things, but I still enjoy a bit of cold coke on a very hot day, occasionally. I do believe that this was something they were not aware of as they have worked very hard to maintain their status. Most likely an infiltrator from Pepsi!

bala

Lol..I was quite baffled with the topic...for i knew nothing happened in the recent times and then did a thought struck that i had to check the date..and LMAO..2013..:p
to be honest,It was really sad to watch a little girl cry because someone made fun of her for being different..Hope it doesn't happen in real life.

Rosyrain

I had a hard time seeing the message, did it say You Retard? I guess that Coco Cola should do quality checks more often and they might have caught that one.