Cold Cases

Diane Lane

Is there a particular cold case that sticks with you? I'd love to see the murder of Deanna Cremin solved.

Deanna Cremin had just turned 17, when she was sexually assaulted and murdered on her way home in March of 1995, in Somerville, Massachusetts. I tried including a pic/poster here, but it wouldn't let me, I guess because I'm new to the forum. Information can be found at deannacremin.org There is up to $70,000 in reward money, and the police have said they have new information they are actively working, which is great to hear, because the 20-year anniversary just passed, and the family really needs justice.

dyanmarie25

There was one murder case that was left unsolved until now. This happened way back 1969 in which Lucy Tinslop was murdered on August 4 in St Mary's Rest Garden on Bath Street, Nottingham. She was murdered on her 21st birthday. She left home after a birthday party at her parents' house. Then Lucy was found strangled. She had been raped and her killer had ripped her abdomen open and stabbed her vagina over 20 times.

bala

Pistorius murder case.it still leaves a lot of holes and question unanswered.it is a high profile case because he is a paralymic champion.Unless this is resolved we never really know what sort of a deter-ration it might be to all athletes.

JoanMcWench

Oh, my God. YES! There are some that just drive me insane. The West Memphis Three was heartbreaking. It still haunts me even though so many things have happened since. If anyone has a chance I would suggest you want A Death in St. Augustine. That really made me insanely angry surrounding the blind brotherhood of the police at times.

kana_marie

Banned
The girl in the orange socks. She was found near an overpass, wearing nothing but orange socks. She was never identified. There's speculation Henry Lee Lucas is responsible. The reason this stuck with me is because I am absolutely terrified of becoming the girl in the orange socks. The idea of being a Jane Doe for all of eternity, known only by the color of my socks is sickening.

Rosyrain

I would love to find out what really happened in the Jon Benet Ramsey case. I hope I spelled that right. That abduction happened when I was young, and as far as I know, no murder suspect was ever found. I know that people suspected her parents of killing her, but they were cleared as suspects.

Diane Lane

Wow, so it's finally been solved? That's some extreme rage there, interested to hear how it was solved and who the culprit was, do you have a link?

Diane Lane

I would love to find out what really happened in the Jon Benet Ramsey case. I hope I spelled that right. That abduction happened when I was young, and as far as I know, no murder suspect was ever found. I know that people suspected her parents of killing her, but they were cleared as suspects.
Yes, that one has always haunted me, as well. The whole situation sounded odd, and I'd like to hear an update, assuming it's still being worked on.

Diane Lane

Pistorius murder case.it still leaves a lot of holes and question unanswered.it is a high profile case because he is a paralymic champion.Unless this is resolved we never really know what sort of a deter-ration it might be to all athletes.

I confess, I watch a lot of true crime case TV and read books on the cases, as well. I saw a show on this murder and, as I often am, was left with more questions than answers. I wish they could all be solved. I would go crazy if a loved one was murdered and the killer wasn't caught and punished.

Diane Lane

Re: girl in the orange socks (it's not letting me quote the original post, apparently there's a link, and I'm not allowed to quote or post links), strange.

I will definitely have to look this one up, as I don't recall it, even though I've read about & seen a movie about Henry Lee Lucas. I feel sad for anyone who is known as Jane or John Doe, or especially, something like the girl in the orange socks, that's just so pitiful

thegrey1

Jack the Ripper of course! I can't stand not knowing! It has driven me almost mad for most of my life!

Onionman

Oh, my God. YES! There are some that just drive me insane. The West Memphis Three was heartbreaking. It still haunts me even though so many things have happened since. If anyone has a chance I would suggest you want A Death in St. Augustine. That really made me insanely angry surrounding the blind brotherhood of the police at times.

I hadn't even heard about this case until I watched a documentary about it about a month ago. Absolutely fascinating. The whole thing stank (my opinion), but in the rush to convict someone the police just seemed to be desperate to something on anyone. It's just a shame some of those police are no longer around to face justice themselves.