College student murdered in West Orange, New Jersey

Anthony

Super Moderator
Brendan Tevlin.jpg

A college student home for the summer was shot and killed late Wednesday night. The victim, Brendan Tevlin from Livingston was visiting friends in West Orange the night he was murdered.
His friends told police that were all hanging out playing video games right before the shooting. He had just texted his mom to say he was headed home, according to spoke person for the family.
Police responded to reports of gunshots fired found Tevlin dead inside a Jeep Liberty in the parking lot of an apartment building. Both the passenger and driver’s seat windows had been shattered, police said.
Police believe Tevlin was targeted. They are asking anyone with information about the killing to contact them.
Brendan was the oldest of four children. “We’re literally just reeling in this tragedy,†who answered the family’s telephone.
“People need to know what kind of person he was,†he said. “This kid, there was nothing bad about him. He was one of the nicest people I’ve ever known,†said friend Christian Breslin.
“Wonderful kid. Straight-A student,†said Joe Callaghan, Tevlin’s uncle. “Lived right in my neighborhood. He’s been around my house for years. And not an enemy in the world.â€
Tevlin graduated from Seton Hall Prep in West Orange last year. Tevlin had just completed his first year at the University of Richmond in Virginia.
“Brendan was a wonderful young man, friend of everyone, liked by all,†Monsignor Michael Kelly, the headmaster at Seton Hall Prep said in a statement. He also added, “Our community is praying for the family and his grandparents, who were very close to Brendan and to Seton Hall Prep.â€
No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing. “At this juncture of the investigation it does not appear to be random,†said Anthony Ambrose, the chief of detectives for the Essex County Prosecutor’s Office.
More details in this post will be released as soon as they are made available.

Last edited by a moderator: