Cops: George Zimmerman shot at in apparent ongoing feud

Rainman

George Zimmerman has numerous enemies who'd like to see him dead. As Zimmerman was driving by, the shooter fired his weapon but the bullet missed his target's head.

Bianca Gillett, a public information officer for the Lake Mary Police said it's not clear what motivated the shooting, but she said it appeared Zimmerman was not the shooter.

There've been no arrests and no one has been charged, she said.

I wonder why they just can't jail Zimmerman and get it over and done with. Maybe they want him to kill another man first?

Cops: George Zimmerman shot at in his car in Lake Mary, Florida, in apparent ongoing feud - CBS News

thegrey1

LOL I don't think they can jail a man for being shot at in his car. Zimmerman does seem to be a lightning rod for trouble though.

lushlala

The drama around George Zimmerman is truly mind boggling! The man seems to be followed by drama wherever he goes. BUT what I don't get is, why do all these people then seem to back down whenever there's allegations of violence? I think he's got his card marked, and everyone's out to get him for one reason or another. Let's just watch this space, he'll either snap and do something stupid and land himself in prison, OR someone will take him out. The man seems a little too hot headed, plus he seemingly has beef with quite a few people out there.

Josie

He's so drama lol. He creates most of it though. Didn't he fake a rescue of some sort to give himself a good name? lol. I heard he was shot yesterday with minor injuries.. I didn't read it though, so I guess that was wrong. Oh well.. good luck to him (not really)

Gabe

He is a target and he has brought this on himself in many ways. I doubt this is the first time this has happened and I expect there will be more incidents like this to come in the future. I am sure he has been warned and is prepared.

Peachdejour

I'm fairly sure they cannot jail the victim of the crime even though we tend to like to blame the victim sometimes. His life does seem to be quite the media circus lately. However, I do think a lot of it is media hype and how bad they can make him look. However, domestic violence doesn't look good on anyone.

thegrey1

I'm fairly sure they cannot jail the victim of the crime even though we tend to like to blame the victim sometimes. His life does seem to be quite the media circus lately. However, I do think a lot of it is media hype and how bad they can make him look. However, domestic violence doesn't look good on anyone.
Yes the liberal press has always been after George Zimmerman. I don't care about him one way or another, but the drama DOES seem to be manufactured mostly by the media. I do agree that he might as well have a target on his back. People tend to forget that Zimmerman was not even charged with a crime, let alone convicted of one. The media needs to back off.

LongShot

The media pushes a agenda and even though I feel like Zimmerman should have been jailed for SOMETHING. The way they painted him before and after pretty much makes him one of the most hated people in the USA. With this whole "we hate the police" crap going on nowadays. You have people looking back at Zimmerman as the one that started all the rage.

Wish people would realized that yes the system is screwed but for ever one cop that is bad. There are at least 50 others that actually try to follow protocol and just be a good person.