Could this hurt my chance

I got a fare evasion summon from M15 select bus, it was 100 bucks. I paid it and I didn't have to appear in court. Will this hurt my chance on becoming a police officer.

Marishu

It's all depend on where you live and what kind of officer it is so i can't really say for sure if it's on your record then it can affect it but you will still have a chance to become one also.

milyjohnson

I think you might still have a chance to become an officer since you didn't have to appear in court. Then again, it may depend on the department you are applying to work. Maybe you can do some research on it.

js85

I agree with the others; it all depends on the laws for your local area.

Profit5500

Look up your state laws so you can aware yourself of what to expect. I would hope that you would have a solid chance being a cop but that depends on the department.

GemmaRowlands

If it's on your record then it might affect your chances, however usually they don't bother as long as you pay right away, and there would have been nothing anywhere that could link you back to it again. In comparison to other things, it is a very minor offence anyway, and there are some police departments that would be willing to overlook things like that as long as you have enough else to offer to them. It's definitely worth trying your best to get into the force, though. There's nothing you can do to change your past, but you can do your best to live an honest and hardworking life from now on.