Couple busted for burglary and child cruelty

Anthony

Super Moderator
Keith-Sylvester-Evans.jpg

A Georgia couple has been charged with burglary and child cruelty after police discovered they raided homes with their seven-month-old baby.
Keith Sylvester Evans, 35, and Johnna Lee Rayman, 26, both of Gainesville, were arrested after authorities were able to link Evans to the burglaries after serving a warrant and finding stolen property.
Police claim that the suspects brought their 7-month-old child along with them to four burglaries the pair allegedly committed.
While police were questioning the two suspects, they learned the couple had brought their baby with them to commit the alleged crimes.
“The two were taking mostly electronics,†she wrote via email. “For example, flat screen televisions, tablets, laptops,†spokeswoman Deputy Nicole Bailes stated.
Their child is now in the custody of the Department of Family and Children Services. The couple are being held in custody without a bond
Rayman is charged with one count of burglary and child cruelty in the second degree. A hold has also been placed on her from Gwinnett County in connection with an outstanding warrant.
Evans has been charged with four counts of first-degree burglary, child cruelty in the second degree, possession of methamphetamine, possession of a drug-related object and a state court probation warrant.
Detectives said the investigation is ongoing, and they beleive the couple is responsible for more burglaries.

Attachments

• RaymanEvans.jpg
    RaymanEvans.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

It's really messed up when a child has terrorists for parents. The first enemies the child will meet in it's life is their own parents. That is really messed up.

Muthoni

Sometimes you can look at someone and wonder what goes on in their mind. They thought it would be safer to bring their baby along instead of leaving him/her alone at home. The fact that they are on drugs makes matters worse. I hope that the baby will find a good home away from criminal activities.

Sweetheart

You can pick your friends but you can't pick your parents. A 7 month old. I guess its better than leaving the baby home alone or in the car. I just can't believe people. Give the kid up for adoption. Let them have a better life. I would imagine they will lose the child after this. Bonnie and Clyde have a baby; I wonder which one is the master mind. If Bonnie was the master mind she would have stayed home with the baby and would't be in jail. Oh my God.